1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I put a ps2 in an arcade machine and i need some help with memory cards

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rcramer, Jan 21, 2005.

1. rcramer

rcramer Member

I purchased an acrade console(ultimate mortal combat 3) and dissassebled a ps2 and installed it in the machine. After a lott of thought we decided that along with the normal four position player positions on top we would like to be able to plug in extra controllers and memory cards in the top. I tore apart a multitap and cut them into the fase of the playing table, integrated the controller port into the second multi-tap hooked to the ps2 and it all works fine....now the problem. the memmory card slot will only read ps1 memmory cards. when i put a ps2 card in to the slot on the top of the table it does not recognize it. any ideas? I have tried taking magnets off of controlers and putting them on the wires connecting it all but to no avail....PLEASE HELP!!

2. ivrytwr3

ivrytwr3 Member

Can't help with your problem (sorry!) But your idea sounds very cool!!!

Any chance of seeing some pics of the cabinet?

3. rcramer

rcramer Member

yeah i will get some pics posted real soon of the build

4. yellow13

yellow13 Member

What exactly do you mean by "won't read"? It won't boot up with a ps2 card in? It won't save to one? I don't understand.

5. rcramer

rcramer Member

it boots and plays just fine but when you put a ps2 memory card in it it doesnt even recognize that there is a card in it...it reads a ps one card fine.