1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I read everything and I can't Custom firmware on PSP Slim! Help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DPUMA8, Dec 9, 2007.

1. DPUMA8

DPUMA8 Regular member

I need some help here because I have been trying this for seriously 10 hours over a few days span. I have read many guides on the internet and NONE of them to seem complete.

I have a fat PSP with 3.52 M33 firmware. I also have a PSP Slim with 3.72 firmware. I want to get the PSP Slim to any custom firmware.

Here is what I am doing.

On my PSP fat, I completely erased my memory stick by right clicking on the PSP and then hitting the format button. I checked and everything is completely erased.

Next, I downloaded and ran the Pandora's Jigstick + Magic Memory Card Installer2 program and chose the drive of my PSP. After installation, I go to the GAME folder andclick on the Pandora's Battery Creator. I back up "Backup battery eeprom to ms0:/eeprom.bin"

Then I go back into that same folder and this time Hit X and I now have a Pandora Battery. Now I take the memory card out when all is finished and I put it in the PSP Slim. I put the battery in and the memory card. Black screen and I hit X. Nothing happens.

I convert the batter back again.

Then I download 3.60 M33 and put the 340.PBP and 350.PBP files in the pandora_slim folder of the GAME folder. I run the Pandora Battery Creator again. I put the memory card and Pandora in the PSP Slim again and nothing happens.

ANy ideas as to what I am missing now?

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

This is happening because the original Pandora's recovery menu won't work or show up on your Slim.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/573328

That guide will allow you to create the Universal Unbricker V3(installs 3.71M33 straight onto your PSP Slim/FAT) but it also allows you to use the battery as normal one and an Unbricker/Flasher.
    Just follow the guide carefully and you'll be OK.