1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really need help with DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raziel00, Feb 8, 2007.

1. raziel00

raziel00 Member

My computer doesn't even seem to recognize the DVD-RW discs. When I checks it's capabilities it said it could read DVD-R and DVD-RW but it said it couldn't write them. I updated my firmware to T410 because it said it would let it read DVD+R which I know is different yet when I updated it it says it can't read them even though it says its T410. Is there anyway to make my computer read this stuff cause I want to put stuff on the DVDs.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Silly question, but are you sure you even have a disk burner? Sounds like it could be a DVD-ROM; which would only be able to read disks, not burn.

What is the make and model number of your dvd disk drive? Post the info as specs can be found online if you don't have an owners manual. Need to establish what you actually have before finding a solution.

(For future reference - pick a thread title that is descriptive of your problem. "Need help" and so forth is vague.)

3. raziel00

raziel00 Member

I do have a disc burner cause I'm able to burn CD-R and CD-RW.I know it's a Samsung 332B but where would I find that info online?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That drive is NOT a DVD writable drive it will only burn CD's and read DVD. Sorry but that what is called a combo drive and I repeat it wil not record on to blank DVD discs.

Here is the info on your drive Samsung Specs

and here are the specs listed at the Samsung site

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  5. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

OK. I see you have a drive that does not write to DVD. An easy solution would be to buy a new drive capable of reading and burning all formats.

Check out Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=10&name=CD-DVD-Burners-Media

Look for a drive that supports bitsetting/book typing.

This link should bring up their CD-DVD burners page. Several Lite On drives show as specials in the $30 to $40 range. Some have free shipping. I believe Lite On drives are viewed with favor here. Check for reviews. I have a Sony DRU-820A which is a rebadged BenQ. BenQ drive are (were) good, but are no longer being manufactured.

6. raziel00

raziel00 Member

Is there any way I could download a program that would let me update my driver to let me write DVD's? I really don't have money to spend on that stuff right now.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOL LOL

I'm sorry I am not laughing at you but that just made my day :) There is nothing you can do to make a drive that isn't made to write a DVD all of a sudden write a DVD this is a hardware issue and nothing to do with software. I am sorry but if you want to be able to burn DVD's you will need to invest 20 - 30$.