1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i really need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brett004, Apr 5, 2004.

1. brett004

brett004 Guest

i am really, really new to the whole idea of burning movies to dvds so i could really use some help... i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to write a easy-to-understand guide for the whole process of burning the dvds. i need help everywhere from converting the avi files into mpeg2 files, to putting the mpeg2 files onto a blank dvd so that i can watch them on my dvd player. i know i am asking a lot, but it would really help me if someone would take the time and write a step by step proceedure on how to use tmpgenc and nero.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

brett004,

Of all the guides we have here, you couldn't find a few, I say, not even one to answer your question ??

A quick search will inundate you with information :D)

I know you've read many of our threads - so may I ask, with all of the “NO” answers we've given to people who want to use Nero for this purpose, did you think we had a revelation in the last week or so that would turn everything around and make Nero usable ??

I suppose it's possible - so, the answer is “NO”, Nero hasn't come up with a totally new program that will do what you want within the last week.

Rather than request that someone take a few days of their time and work for free for you, writing a special guide for you, this would be a great time for you to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING on your own -

When you’re not so uncaring of others, stop back and let us know how all of the information we have made available to you has worked out -

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  3. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

either that brett004 or if you like why not bring your car and laundry to us.......i'm sure we could service the car and iron your laundry for ya too!!!!!

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

are you sure you need help as this is the 2nd post that you have done.Last time you were given help by minion, which parts are you having trouble with.

quote:Umm...TMPGEnc uses a Wizard Style Interface that is designed so even the Non-Video Savy should be able to figure out..The Wizard has 5 Steps and you Just Simply follow the Steps till the End...
    Step#1)You choose the Format you want to encode to..(Either VCD SVCD or DVD and in those setting you have to choose either NTSC or PAL depending on were you Live and what the Frame rate of AVI file you have, 23.976fps/24fps is NTSC film ,25fps is PAL and 29.976fps/30fps is NTSC)
    Step#2) You select your AVI file...
    Step #3-#4 & #5) You can skip through all of these Steps and when you get to step 5 you just click "OK" and it will start encodeing....Simple
    Now if you are Haveing a Particular Problem or do not understand something then Just tell us what the Problem is that you are Haveing and wee will try to help....
    Here are a Few Things you should know...
    #1)In most cases the audio in your AVI file will need to be Decompressed before TMPGEnc will encode the audio for you, If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you a simple tool that will do this For you...
    #2) if you get an error that says something like "Can Not Open Or Unsupported" when you try to load your AVI file into TMPGEnc then you can usually fix this By closeing the Wizard and going to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raiseing the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2", Now the File should Load Properly...
    #3) You must allways encode your AVI to mpeg useing the Same Frame rate as the AVI file because TMPGEnc can ot do Proper Frame Rate Conversions, You can find out the framerate of your AVI by Right clicking it and going to "properties" and it will tell you the Properties of your AVI file includeing the Frame Rate.
    If your Frame Rate is "23.976fps" you have to use the "NTSC Film" setting, if your Frame Rate is "25fps" you must use the "Pal" Seting and if your AVI is "29.976fps" you use the Plain NTSC setting...

Well I hope this helps....Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2004
  5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

is this still too hard to fathom, it is in a relatively easy form and any of the terms you are unfamiliar with can be looked up.On the whole a very nice guide.