1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really need help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ChrisO89, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

Hi i use Verbatim 8x dvd-r's to burn playstation 2 games. i have swap magic version 3.0. I burn the games at 2x. I use nero to burn. My grand theft auto san adnreas doesn't work i have tired it mulitple times. It will load but when you go out of your house and into ganton it doesn't show anything. Please help me with my problem. Thanks

Chris.

2. halo13

halo13 Regular member

try using 4x dvd-r's. And burn the game with DVD DECRYPTER at 1x. I hope this helps you.

3. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

If what halo said doesnt work I would also try using dvd+R's

4. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

Is there a place i could buy burnt games. and wut brand should i use, and are dvd + r better den dvd -r?

5. hursty

hursty Active member

grand theft auto,san andreas is a game that constanly reads off the disc,it is believed that dvd+r are better for this

6. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

what is the diffrence from dvd-r and dvd+r?

7. sleepwalk

sleepwalk Guest

my ps2 will not read the dvd. IT TOLD ME TO INSERT A PS2 OR A PS1 DVD IN THE SYSTEM. HHHHHEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

8. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

can i use roxio easy cd dvd creator 6?

9. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

The difference is...sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you dont.....Na but for real its all up to your machine....some only read one or the other, some read both...As mentioned earlier for a game that constantly goes back and reads info from the disc it's best to use a DVD+R. I have Roxio but never used it. Use the decrytptor. Trust me. It woks better and is easierer to use. Plus IT'S FREE!!! yippie skippie!!

ps. By the way chris...that swap magic version that you are using....make sure it's not the cd version that you are using. When I got mine I got a cd version 3.0 and a dvd version 2.0

the dvd version is what you want...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  10. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

forgot to tell all... these are the dvd's i have used... Memorex 8x, sonic 8x and verbatim 8x all are dvd-r someone said to use sony but if i use sony what sould i use like what speed and what media + or -. thanks

11. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

What I would suggest is to buy one of each (+r & -r) and see with one works. After you figure it out then you can buy a bunch at a time. Verbatim tends to be the best, but I have used Memorex and HP with success (all of mine were +r)

12. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

where can you buy one of each...all of the places i go have like 25 packs and 50 packs (Best Buy)

13. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

you can buy single discs at office supply places, also places like circuit city will sell them. compusa should sell small packs like 2 or 3. just remember, the price per disc is more as quantity is less.

as for buying burnt games, thats illegal. if you have an original copy of the game its cheaper/easier to make one yourself, so why buy it?

14. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

Thanks...When i get those DVD's what speed should i do them on, and i should get 4x not 8x right. one more question, if i get a modchip will i have better results, then i do with my swap magic 2.0 thanks.

Chris

15. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

Swap magic works fine. Ive read about problems with mod chips. plus you need to get it installed and if it breaks you eed to get it uninstalled and reinstall a new one.....sounds yucky unless your knowledgeable in electronics. Burn at 1X always

16. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

chris 098
    i had the same problem
    just burn another copy as slow as poss & it will be fine
    also as far as ps2 games go i only ever use RITEK DISCS they are THE best mate
    never had any trouble with these