1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really screwed up-N00B

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Andreth, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Andreth

Andreth Member

Well here it goes...I put in the mod chip and I know that is working fine. Why I did the next step only god knows!!! But I formatted the harddrive and now I have no OS on the xbox. I am using a xenuim Ice chip and I need to know how to get the dashboard or sometime of OS on my xbox! Please help!

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Use this installer: EvolutionX New HD Setup v1.4 and you may need to download the original M$ files also. Once you run the installer you'll be able to ftp the xbox to transfer anything else you need.

3. Brice123

Brice123 Member

hey, I kinda did the same thing except i was softmodding my xbox with the mkjones package and it didn't go as planned. It said some file was missing when i clicked install on the mkjones "dashboard" and it messed up my box. It loads with error 21 everytime. How exactly would I be able to get it back to normal. Thanks

4. tlachta

tlachta Member

brice-buy/borrow a modchip or modded xbox

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  5. Brice123

Brice123 Member

I have a modded xbox, what steps do i take next to restore/ fix the unmodded xbox?

6. tlachta

tlachta Member

you have to open the to xbox,s side by side, switch them both on, make sure you can ftp into the modded xbox, leave them for 10 mins, the unplug the ide cable from the 2 boxes with the power still on in both of the. now plug the ide from the modded xbox into the blank drive and ftp some signed xbox software on there

...i have never actually done the above but it sounds about right

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  7. Brice123

Brice123 Member

yea, i think that sounds about right. I have heard that you don't have to let them sit 10 minutes though, you can do it right away. I haven't read much on hotswapping 2 xboxes, I have only read about going xbox to PC. But if i were to do it xbox to xbox, is this how I would do it?

First FTP all my xbox files from my modded xbox to the PC. Then turn on my modded xbox and as soon as it boots up to EvoX, unplug the IDE cable and plug it into the unmodded box. Then gain FTP access to that box then......would I unplug the modded drive and hook up the unmodded drive, hopping that I still have FTP access.....its a little confusing at that part. I will just do some more reading about that type. But thanks for your help, I appreciate it!