1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ripped a dvd movie with dvd decrypter but won't play with powerdvd 5.0

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nemezis, Sep 29, 2004.

1. nemezis

nemezis Member

I used dvd decrypter to rip a movie and it plays fine on my friends dvd player, but won't play on my computer using powerdvd 5.0. A window open up saying that it's an unknown format so it can't play it. Do I have to change some settings on dvd decrypter or use a different program. Can someone help!!

Thanks.

2. cherok93

cherok93 Member

I strongly recommend you DVD Shrink to Decrypt, creating an ISO File, and then burn the DVD with NERO, they always work anywhere

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Did you rip in File mode or ISO mode?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    nemezis,

Have a look at #11 :)

Just saying ISO doens't help if you don't reference which thread your referring to.

Now are you using an OEM version or Retail version of PowerDVD 5? And what option are you using to open the file?

5. theranch

theranch Member

I had the same problem using DVDXcopy. My DVDs will work with WMP9 but not with PowerDVD5.0. However, I could also not play them on my stand-alone player. I was using a Dynex 8X dual DVD burner with DVD-R 4X Memorex. I was using Windows XP Home Edition. I burned all these movies fine with another computer using Win2K and Lite-On 4X/8X DVD burner with DVDXCopy burned the same media fine. Could play it anywhere? Anyone experiencing problems burning DVD with DVDXcopy and Dual DVD Burner?
    Any feedback is appreciated