1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ripped and burned with Shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fasfrank, Jan 9, 2004.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Has anyone tried Shrink 3.1 yet? When I got to the point that earlier versions finished, the new version asked for a blank disc. Shrink then burned at 4X, apparently using Nero I have installed. When the burn finished I got a message "Shrink has finished burning your DVD." I never opened Nero. I was not expecting this at all.
    Another feature that is cool is the preview window. You can right click on it and, among other things, preview different audio tracks so you can put the one in thats NOT the director talking.
    IMHO an excellent new program!

Best Wishes,
    Frank

2. mfurj

mfurj Member

fasfrank
    Version 3.1 Beta 6 added Nero functionality and yes it is nice.

3. bud2192

bud2192 Member

I just downloaded and installed both Shrink 3.1 and DVD Decrypter. These programs work! I kinda makes a person want to post this news on some of these retail
    product sites and just say hey, there are excellent alternatives available and, they are free! I only hope others do their homework and discover this.
    My Plextor PX-708A has only been installed in my computer for three days and my first attpempt at making a DVD movie backup, using DVD X Copy Platinum ended up producing a $3.00 coaster. I was to the point to returning my burner because I thought it didn't work. Now I know it was just a case of finding the right software. It just tickles me that the first success I had ripping and burning a movie with my new burner is due to two free programs.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yo Frank,

“How good is life anyway ??”

Now my favorite can automatically hook up with my Nero and I don't even have to change programs to burn my disc – like – WOW !!!!!!!!

Why would anyone buy DVD XCopy, Xpress or DVDFab - - -Ooohh wait just a minute here, have you seen DVDFab's layout ??? It is sooo pretty, such a deep purple color and - - Ohh Yea, I remember now, THEY want money - NAaaah, it was too hard to getting’ my money, I want it to visit at home for awhile – $$$$ No DVDFab for me - $$$$

(I really did like the color though - - ; )

I'll tell you what Good Buddy, using DVDShrink 3.1 along with DVD2One is all anyone could ever ask for -

(Now I know you Frank, you're sayin' "Why is Pete so wound up with that DVD2One ?" -

FYI - So far I have 3, ("He say what?") Yep, 3 full length movies on 1 DVD ! I'll tell you what - All I have to do on Saturday night is get up and get a snack - never even touch my DVD Player. And I say to you again, with the new DVDShrink 3.1 - "How good is life?"

Later there Frank,

Pete

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

HI Frank---Pete, I installed Shrink 3.1 but have no video preview. There seems to be a possible problem with systems running S-3 graphics. So unless I install yet another Video card or they fix the problem in the next version I'll have to wait to try it. Just passing on this info in case you see the problem posted somewhere. Hows the New Year treating you guys?
    Jerry

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,
    I went over to the forums at shrink.info and looked at the bug report for 3.1 and sure enough, there's a problem with the preview screen.
    Im going to try DVD2one ASAP, I have a couple others to check out also. I have a couple of movies to burn and Im working on a slideshow compilation using Nero. Fun stuff!
    Frank