1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i stripped the screw for the matrix!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by wongie_jm, Apr 18, 2003.

1. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

what can i do now, the matrix will not stay in place. i tried aligning the matrix correctly and tightening it to keep it in place so i won't get that red and green blinking light. now i screwed up the screw by twisting the screw too tight. Please anyone help. :(

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

very common mistake.. The screw actually screws into plastic luckily so you can just find a little bit bigger screw and put it in there and it will tighten down...

3. lastone

lastone Member

well there's 3 things you can try
    1- bigger screw like previous post said
    2- put a broken toothpick in the hole
    and just use the org screw (this is what I did)
    3- bolt the matrix onto the board
    (xbox-scene.com go to the tutorials section

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you could also try to get some liquid epoxy and mix it up per the directions, then take a tooth pick or something similar and drip some down the sides of the screw hole. carefull not to fill it up or you'll have to re-tap it. if you get the quickset epoxy, you can prolly coat the scrw then put it in, and hold it there till it sets up. but then it might be difficult to remove if you need too. good luck, let us know how it turns out.

5. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i followed the third step by lastone at xbox scene by using a bolt and screw. it works perfect now, i can tighten it and hold it in place a lot better now without worrying about stripping the plastic. I stop having the red and green light blinking too on the xbox. Thanx for all your help everyone.

6. Timster

Timster Guest

Go to the DIY store and ask for a No.4 X 9.5mm Screw, works a treat.

Cheers.