1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I swapped HD now original games will not play...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SimonSez, May 7, 2003.

1. SimonSez

SimonSez Member

I put a 120 gig maxtor in my xbox and everything works great. Emulators, games on HD, everything. The only problem is that all my original games will not play. All of my backed up games will play and the ones on my HD will play fine too. Am I missing something? What do I need to do? Or is the the trade off for putting a bigger HD in the XBOX?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

your original games should play fine..

do cds play in your xbox dvd drive? have you checked alll connections in your xbox to be sure that the dvd power or ide cable is not connected? if they are fine, what happens with teh original games when you try to play them?

peace
    seamonkey420

3. SimonSez

SimonSez Member

Burned games work just fine from dvd drive as well as DVD movies. When I put an original in the evox dashboard says "loading" then goes right back to the dashboard.....i have tried several games with the same result. Do I need to "lock" the HD?

4. SimonSez

SimonSez Member

I figured it out...i had to LOCK the HD....It all works fine and dandy now!!!! I have all 51 backups on my HD and dvd dongle, xbox media player, and over a thousand emulator games on there....gotta love the xbox.....thanks all....I am sure i will have more questions....now all i need to figure out is how to play live....until then xbconnext will do just fine!!

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

nice.. i'll have to start making an archive of problems and solutions fixes i see on the forums and add them to my site...

peace
    seamonkey420