1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thing i'm being lied to but........

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by melw, Apr 8, 2004.

1. melw

melw Guest

Over here in sunny England I have a n8 who CLAIMS that he can download a film from a certain site before any of the newsgroups get it posted. He only ever has DVD's and I've seen the quality of them....typical example is that he had Lord Of the Rings 3 before any of the newsgroups....!!! Any clues would be appreciated as he is adamant that I won't find this so called site

Cheers

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

i doubt this "friend" of yours is getting movies from a so called site, because putting movies on sites takes way to much bandwidth

your mate is most likely using emule or overnet (which can get movies that are stil in cinemas)

if one were so inclined, although we dont condone piracy here on afterdawn it still happens

Dean

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, discussion whether one can download a movie before its out or not is inconsequential in light of the lack of tolerance for piracy-talk here at AD. :) Violaters can be sure to catch a
    [​IMG]
    :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, AMD2500+ OC'd to AMDXP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: May 2, 2004