1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I bricked, but you may have answers! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by goat97, Jul 26, 2007.

1. goat97

goat97 Member

Okay, was doing fine running 3.40 oea, but then I used the flasher "u.f.o ver. 3" to flash a theme to my psp. Well, apparently the theme file didn't contain the file for the buttons one would use to navigate the psp's menu. SO, i turn on my psp and I get a pretty background but that's it. there are NO icons, my face buttons don't do anything. I can, however, get to recorey mode. Is THERE ANY HOPE!!?!?

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

3. sebbomm

sebbomm Guest

Can u go into recovery mode? My psp is at just the same point!!! :(

When i turn on my psp the screen is just black then it turns off!

Recover mode (PRESS POWER BUTTON UP AND R AT THE SAME TIME) is not either working? WTF

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

WAit you dont have to recover, if you backed up your flash0 then you could just replace the files, thats happened to me loads of times.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

marlino23 is right. A bricked PSP would not even turn on. You simply didn't place all the files in the correct folders (vsh/resource) or your theme was missing files. Try it again, go into recovery and under the advanced menu enable usb mode on flash0. Then go to vsh/resource and paste all your files in there.

6. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

y.. if you cant get into recovery mode.. youre done.. end of story.. geta new psp.. you dont want to waist money trying to have people fix it through ebay... SELL IT ON EBAY. then get a new one on ebay..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Are the people in this thread mental? It seems that only mrmcman, marlino23 and myself know what were talking about.

@sebbomm
    You have to hold the "R" trigger down until the recovery menu comes up, you can't just press the "R" button and let it go as you stated. "PRESS POWER BUTTON UP AND R AT THE SAME TIME" p

@DZTYLE8O5
    Don't lead goat97 on in believing he has a brick. S/He doesn't! If s/he did then they wouldn't get this result...
    They would get a black screen!

@goat97
    If you have a backup of your original flash files you can try replacing them with the defective ones. Otherwise using mrmcman's method is the best option for you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest