1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I broke my psp (please don't laugh)

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by bagai, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bagai

bagai Guest

I want to install theme to my psp and I follow these step
    How to put themes on your PSP:
    First of all you need a PSP running the Firmware 3.30 OE-A or 3.40 OE-A. (these themes has not been tested for any other firmwares)
    1: Turn off PSP (hold off buffon for 5-10 sec)
    2: Turn back on while holding the R button
    3: You have now entered the Recovery menu, go to advanced > Toggle USB (flash0)
    4: NOW VERY IMPORTANT MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF FLASH 0!!
    5: Save the backup of the FLASH 0 somewhere on your computer (DONT DELETE IT)
    6: NOw swap the files found in the Theme folders with files existing in VSH\Resources and Font
    SOME HOW IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IT ONLY SHOW 1.80MB BUT MY MEMORY STICK IS 4GB SO I DELETE EVERYTHING AND PUT FOLDER vsh AND bootsounds THEN I EXIT

7: Press Back on the PSP menu
    8: Press Exit on the PSP menu

MY PSP RETURN WITH A BLANK SCREEN AND FOR SEVERAL SECOND IT TURN OFF
    I TURN ON SEVERAL TIME BUT SAME THING HAPPEN
    I TRY TO RECOVERY BUT IT THE SAME
    JUST A BLANK SCREEN

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A SOLUTION

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Sorry to say you bricked it by deleting those files in your flash0 folder-When it said you dont have enough space-that meant in your internal memory (flash0), not your memory stick...Flash and memory stick are not the same, they are two totally different things! Now if you cant get into recovery mode, I am afraid its a goner..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  3. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

lol its dead give it CPR or something XD

no but searussly im so sorry to hear about your loss:*(

XD!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

try pressing the brightness display button wen booted in recpvery mode. other than that get a new one.
    u basically deleted ur entire firmware

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2007
  5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

You listened to the guide and made a backup of your flash0?

If so, if you can get to recovery, toggle usb flash0, and place the original files back, if you can't get into recovery, then you have a brick :(

6. Fran989

Fran989 Member

This is tru the Flash is the internal memory of the psp not the memory stick, please tell me you dint delete the KD folder thtas where the recovery mode is in, if you wanted to free up space you should have ask help first, because ive done it before,(renameing some fonts) and last the fonts are in the root of the flash not the vsh/ folder, the vsh is sony's way of saying xmb(icons and backgrounds, ect.)

7. bagai

bagai Guest

I do the toy r us trick and they give me the old one
    I think from somebody return it and lost the recharge wire
    but i have two psp so who care

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Oh, well its good you have two PSP's-hopefully you learned your lesson from the first time when you deleted everything in your flash..Maybe you will do some research before you go diving head-first into something you know nothing about?

9. bagai

bagai Guest

so when i come to step 5 what do i have to do

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

well run flash agent

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Make a copy of the entire flash0 folder and save it to your computer before you do anything else! Then google "flash agent", this is a program that frees up about 2.8 or so MB's on your flash memory so you can alter themes and icons without running out of space..Make sure you follow the directions carefully, anytime you mess with your flash0 you risk bricking-SO make sure you BACKUP your flash folder, and do NOT delete ANYTHING in that folder! Its OK to replace by overwriting, but NEVER delete...Also keep the copy on your computer in a safe place, and do NOT alter that one at all-That is your original, and you can revert back to it if you get a bad theme or icon...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  12. Fran989

Fran989 Member

i know how to free up flash manually, actually everything i do is done manually, i don't trust any program, because i don't know what they're doing inside the flash, when i do it manually, i do and i can revert it, but yeah for people that dont, know flash agent is one of the best tools out there,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  13. bagai

bagai Guest

14. bagai

bagai Guest

oh any my psp firmware is 3.40 oe a

15. Fran989

Fran989 Member

other members can help you, ive never used it before.

16. Dogflap

Dogflap Guest

Hi just before you do anything to your psp theres this thing called countinues play (hope its spelt right (now is spelt spelt right)) countinues play gets you a new psp or repairs it if some thing goes wrong BUT (yes theres always a BUT) it costs £2.50 a mouth its good if you like to put ham in the UMD drive but if your careful then you dont really need it. its also for ps2 and ps3

17. v1p3r2170

v1p3r2170 Member

You Didnt brick it happened to me too all u have to press light button and if that doesnt work enter recovery and press down 3 if you have update eboot already on your psp recovery folder. if not go down till the usb mode which is like 5 down or sum bus then just press x on 3rd and press light button after just incase after that press x and wait
    i know its alot but itll save u it hasppened to me :) and you didnt brick i prommise. when you do that hit me back for instructions for theme changing:)
    its alright :)

18. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No-He deleted everything in his flash0 folder thinking that would free up the space he needed,and then rebooted his PSP..Its bricked..He could not get into recovery-While you may have semi-bricked yours and that worked for you, I am sure you didn't delete your entire flash0 folder like he did...

@bagai-you dont want to use that program that you posted....Use this one instead...It has a readme file and its very easy to use...

19. Fran989

Fran989 Member

yes the recovery is in the KD folder you delete that and your on your way to a BRICK, if you do any thing but leave that folder intact, its called a semi-brick and you can recover using various methods

20. papampam

papampam Member

i have the same problem of babai have please help me i think i have deleted some file to free some space iam using a 3.40 OE what will i do

please help me =( i cant open my recovery menu