1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i got cheated . updated again .TY

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by exalive, Mar 3, 2007.

1. exalive

exalive Member

i Just brought a psp ( i am a noob at psp stuff ). Den i asked for a verions 3.1 firmware psp. he den said it cost 255 dollar which at first i wanted to buy ,then he said there a newert verison of psp firmware which is 4.02 OE-A. So i brought it but the question is , is there really this veriosn 4.02 OE-A ? becuase it cost 90 dollars more than 3.1 . Really nid help so that i can get back my money . Thank in advance.

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no sir....there is no firmware past 3.11 at the current moment

and unless you have a copy of GTA LCS for firmwares 2.71+, then you are boned......

good luck gettin your money back!

3. exalive

exalive Member

thanks for the info that what i also thought after going throught others forum. And also when i go UMD update , it writes your verison 3.03 is higher den the UMD update 1.50. Then it ocurr to me that the verion in system information might be just a fake. What do you suggest me of doing? any suggetsion? if so that means the psp have been used by someone inorder to changeto 4.02. so is it important to know its pervious verison?

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

a few things:

1st: What is the PSP Update version on the UMD? 1.50? if so, you need a GTA LCS with the 2.00 update on it! google search GTA unpatched, you'll find a massive amount of data......

2nd: THERE ARE NO FIRMWARE's CUSTOM OR OTHERWISE THAT GO ABOVE 3.11 in any country.....therefore whatever firmware you see listed stating that it is anything above 3.11, is BS...

from the sounds of what you just said, you have the 3.03 update on it already, but not the proper version of GTA....

hope this helps

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  5. exalive

exalive Member

Sorry for being a noob but what does GTA LCS stands for ? And what does it do ? And what the disadvantage of verions 3.03 without a proper verison of GTA? Thanks again gasconade^^

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I've come full circle, someone is asking me the question that got me started in this whole crazy modding world...LOL

GTA LCS - Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories....

The version of this game that you want to get your hands on is the one with the PSP firmware version update "2.00" on UMD...

This Version of the game, run on 3.03 FW has a glitch....and after the load screen comes up , the screen should go blue, and then the downgrading begins.....heres the tutorial i used...

[​IMG]
    just keep your eyes peeled.....because you need that version 2.00 update for downgrading a 3.03 PSP...

good luck man...

7. exalive

exalive Member

Sorry again , i know i am damn asking alots of question n wasting your time but Why do i have to downgrade to FV 2.00?

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

you dont have to downgrade to 2.00 at all; from the UMD or otherwise, you just need the Grand theft auto Liberty City UMD with the FW 2.00 Update included within the UMD....this is part of what you will need to downgrade from 2.71 - 3.03 down to 1.50 then sequentially upgrade to 3.03 OE-C...

9. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

No Way man! not at all! thats why im here, I am learning with you....we all think we know everything until the sky starts falling on our heads..

10. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^yep. that's the spirit. :D

exalive, welcome to the psp world. don;t feel bad about yourself. before i used to be you, but thanks to this forums, i seem to learn a lot of things and i'm still learning. we people in this forums are here to discuss, to learn and to share every single bit of information about the things that we want to learn about especially about psps. cheers!!! :)

and one advice; those upgrade promos are just a scam. even the person who created the the custom firmware(3.03oe-c/3.10oe-a) doesn't want to get paid but instead choose to share instead. though he would ask for donations. but it's for the sake of the development anyway. i tell you mate, w/ this forum, you could get a non-material thing about your psp, here for free!!! cheeers again :)