1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I made a boo-boo on my Xbox modification

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by b0nkers, Jan 13, 2005.

1. b0nkers

b0nkers Member

Hi, I installed Super Aladdin Live into my Xbox v1.6, however after installation, I can not even turn my Xbox on anymore. Any sugestions on what I should do or what happened? Thanks

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Take it out. do it again.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

that or you have the new anti mod chip xbox

microsoft placed into version 1.6 xbox's first series models a anti mod chip application no matter how many times you try to install a mod chip the chip won't boot i had the same problem using my mod chip with my xbox it wouldn't read the mod chip or even touch the mod chip??

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

I had modded from 1.0 all the way to 1.6. I havn't encounter a v1.6b yet. But, I have never heard of any anti mod chip xbox. Even the latest v1.6b can be modded. It's your installation that sucked. Tell us what and how you installed the chip and maybe we can help. A picture will do better than alot of writing.

5. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i have the same prob, i installed(tried) a spider chip for my 1.6 and it didnt pick up- other threads said to get the holes shaved a little to get rid of the laquer-tried it once, put chip on, didnt work, took the chip off, and then my xbox wont turn on at all. i heard about a resistor on the box that goes bad on 1.6 if trying to mod it or whatever? If you know whats wrong or anything can you please help me? thanks!

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Heard alot of problems with the spider chip.....that's a fact.