1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i messed up....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jsorc, Jan 29, 2003.

1. jsorc

jsorc Member

first mod chip install here... its a magic 3.1 to a v5/v6 ps2. everything looks alright but when i turn it on the sound is messed up as it says "sony computer entertainment" and it will not load any type of disc, it just goes to "insert ps2 disc etc." screen. did i ruin my ps2? or is it a bad install? thanks

2. pat908756

pat908756 Member

The same exact thing happened to me. I took the chip out and made a little progress.... it says "No Data" for PS2 DVD games now and "DVD Player not set up" for DVD movies. Still has the messed up sound though... its like noise in the background, right?

The only thing I can visibly see wrong with mine is possibly in the bios connections. I might have connected two of the bios legs; can't seem to get them unconnected though (don't have a small enough soldering iron tip). Might want to check on that with a magnifying glass.

Let me know if you have any luck (i'll do the same).

3. jsorc

jsorc Member

alright im gonna take a really close look at them...that was the scariest part to solder in my opinon.....if i bridge two together is it hard to take apart anyone know? i done hav much experience soldering.

4. jsorc

jsorc Member

hmm just read my post and it appears i need to re-learn how to type lol

5. TBX

TBX Member

IMO a mag glass is not enough to inspect these connections. Radio crap sells a cheapo lit mag/microscope that works pretty well for about 9 bucks. You need about 20X or so to realy see whats going on if you got a prob. If you bridge you can also get a 'soldapult' there thats also cheap and works better then braid IMO. 2cnts

6. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

Sorry to get off the topic, but TBX, what is the "soldapult" you are refering to. Usually when I bridge the pins, I use braid to fix it.