1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i need more power!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JayD1056, Nov 19, 2004.

1. JayD1056

JayD1056 Guest

ok. buying a new comptuer. The case i'm getting comes with a 420 watt power supply with 3 or 4 80mm fans. It has 4 ports for 80mm fans in the front. I want to keep my case cool so i'm willing to spend 20 dollars on 4 fans and 5 dollars on 3 power splitters to run the fans. the fans i'm buying are

here
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-130-002&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

12v each. I'm just wondering if my 420 watt power supply will have no problems running all my equipment. i know it can run the 4 origional fans and the extra 4 sand alone but a 3.2GHz processer, MoBo. DVD drive, hdd, ATI Graphics Card (AIW 9600), ect, ect. I'm just wondering if i should be a little bit worries here or if i should not worry about it.

Jay

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Depends on the manufacturer of the PS. you could run all that on a 300 Watt PS if it is made good.. In general I wouldnt worry about it to much if its new you should have no problems right now. Of course maybe you will need a new one in a year or so..LOL Really you shouldnt have a problem with 420Watt PS people get a little crazy with power supplies when 300Watt or more will run just about everything out there right now...

3. JayD1056

JayD1056 Guest

thanks, i won't worry about it then, this topic can be deleated