1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Ive tried everything! HELP?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fairplays, Jan 21, 2005.

1. fairplays

fairplays Member

I recently bought an NEC 3520a from newegg along with a 100pk of Legacy 8x dvd-rs. I have the latest dvdshrink, nero 6, and dvd decrypter. I have tried ripping a few different movies including troy, colateral, and without a paddle. I have ripped to files and .iso. Ive tried burning with nero and dvdd. I always have the software verify the content after the burn. During the verify, I get errors. aAfter watching them, some have no problem and some have digital blocks and skipping. I am really after a solid consistant way to get the job done. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I have an Hp laptop with P4 2.66, 512MB ram, 60gb hd, plenty capable of doing this. I have friends that are using the same things I am with no problem. Any Ideas?

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

3. brobear

brobear Guest

I agree with Mort81, try some quality media. Poor media causes this type problem all the time. Legacy is a brand that isn't even listed in most of the tracking databases I've seen. Compatibility is a problem with many of the no name and little known brands. Good media is the best place to start , even if that isn't the fix, you can still use the media later.

4. fairplays

fairplays Member

I found some Sony 8x dvd-r 100pks for $39 locally. Sony is a brand name. How is there dvd media?

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sony is usually ok. Use the app I gave you above to identify the media manufacturer and media code.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

The DVD Identifier is handy for reading the media code, but the freeware DVDInfoPro is a good analysis suite as well as reading media codes.

Sony is a good brand of media. Just be aware, not all Sony media is manufactured by Sony. A good reason to use the code reader to learn what you have.