1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my Wii has died?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tonyy2k6, Jul 13, 2007.

1. tonyy2k6

tonyy2k6 Member

Yeah, earlier on, i turned on my wii...there was no picture on the screen, i thought it was odd, so i tried to turn it off from the power button. didnt work, several attempts, also tried holding it down aswel, no luck. So i turned it off from the plug, then turned it back on. Theres no light on the Wii power button....now my wii wont turn on at all? what do i do? whats wrong with my wii? Is it because it has been overheated? I have left my wii on standby overnight, could this be the reason?

EDIT: while it was on standby, i noticed that the LED thing was blue for quite some time.and i highly doubt that my wii was updating because it was on for hours and hours

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

the blue light should mean that your wii was connecting to the internet. if you leave it on stndby over night, there still shouldnt be a problem. maybe your wii broke a fuse?

3. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I read somewhere that the Wii when on standby turns off all fans but still runs power through the processor. It could mean that the processor or motherboard in the Wii is fried. If it didn't turn off by the switch I would highly think that the processor has overheated and fried. Is the Wii in a closed area or a area without good airflow? Your powerbrick or powercord (whatever it used, i don't have a Wii) could be bad.