1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought my system worked!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jfk329, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jfk329

jfk329 Guest

I have been usig a method that has never failed me.(except for poor media). I use DVDdecrypter to rip in file mode, and then encode with shrink , then burn w/ Nero. It has worked up until now. Everything goes fine until i try to play my back up in my stand alone. The player sees the disc but the screen is blank. The media is verbatim. Also I run AnyDVD. The movie is The Lion King. Thanx in advance

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

jfk329,
    Hi :)
    Your method you are using is one of the most reliable ways to backup a DVD. So the questions is are those Verbatim's new or have you had success with those DVD before (from same package)? Is this the only movie not working? I'm not sure what you mean when you say the DVD player sees the disk, but the screen is blank? Is there audio? How compression did you have to do on that movie?

3. jfk329

jfk329 Guest

bbmayo,
    I hoped you would reply. I ve been using these discs for months, i just backed up anger managment before this happend ( same method same verbatims ) another thing The Lion King is fresh out of the box never been opened. As far as the stand alone It says disc loading the screen goes blank and the player locks up. tried on 2 diff. players same result. As far as compression shrink shrunk it to 56% i think. (im at work now but will double check. thanx jfk

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah that's a lot of compression. That could be your problem. Try just backing up the main movie only without all the extras.

5. jfk329

jfk329 Guest

Thanx bbmayo ill give it a try and report back.
    unfortunately im at work , boy that really cuts into my time. Thanx again. jfk

6. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

It's also possible that the problem is purely the fact it's a Disney film, either do full disc or movie only with Disney, the menu's all integrated, so if ya only remove certain parts, it stuffs the whole job up.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree Disney is always crappy to backup, they put a lot of unwanted junk on their DVD's. I use re-author in DVD Shrink, and go for main movie only. The kids don't want to watch the rest anyway, and neither do I.