1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried putting LEDS in my PS2, now it wont turn on

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rac3rzeke, Mar 29, 2007.

1. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

So I took it apart I already had a fliptop so I know what to do a little bit atleast... So I took the little power piece off and I stuck a LED in the 4 pronged thing where the ps2 gets power, now I put it together and i flip the switch in the back and the led turns on but the ps2 wont turn on... I turns on like 1 out of 50 times, so I took the led out and it still turns on 1 out of 50 times... anyone know why?

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

You might of set it up wrong and messed something up in the switch. or the leds were too much power for th ps2 to handle. You might have to buy a new ps2 switch.

3. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

Is there any way to confirm that it is broken? When I flip the switch in the back I hear the little noise so Im sure it has power going to it it just isnt turning on... And when I flip the switch the leds light up

4. 3lement

3lement Regular member

hmm its gotta be the switch i mean what else could it be. cant think of anything else. did you have this problem before or after the leds were in? either that or you put the leds in wrong and it malfunctioning and has an after affect. id go with a new switch their preety cheap.

5. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

nope no problem before... How much are the switches-and i would probably be tempted to put the leds in again, do you know what i did wrong?

6. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

if the fan isnt attached would the ps2 turn on?

7. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

I think its my fan because I just tried and it turned on and the fan worked then half way through the fan stopped but the ps2 still worked.... But I think it would of overheated.... Please anyone help?

8. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

So annoying someone please please help me!

9. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

The led is getting power the power isnt going to the ps2 itself weird any help

10. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea be patient. The ps2 wont work (or work a little while) if the fan doesnt work. maybe you hit the cord or something on the fan. try to fix the fan. either that or you messed up you power supply.

11. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

Well I ripped the fan wire the red one but I cut off the rubber outside and inside it is silver wire, I electric taped it together and it seems fine.... you think that could be the problem?

12. 3lement

3lement Regular member

If it works fine now then yea. because the ps2 cant run without a fan. some auto shut down and some can detect if the fan is unplugged. some overheat. but if it works fine now then its good.

13. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

It wont turn on with the taped fan or with the fan unplugged.... It still wont turn on

14. 3lement

3lement Regular member

you might of not taped it very good. if its not that then you might of killed your power supply.

15. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

If I killed the power supply when I flip the switch would the LED turn on?

16. 3lement

3lement Regular member

no but you might of burned out like half of it or something. maybe u fried something. mess around with it and see if you can get it to work.

17. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

so you said if the fan is unplugged it might not turn on?

18. 3lement

3lement Regular member

some dont its a safety thing. that doesnt mean that urs wont turn on tho. it might might not.

19. rac3rzeke

rac3rzeke Guest

This is so irritating! I take the led off and it still wont start up but I know its getting power because I hear the little click noise when I flip the switch.... Is there any way I can tun the ps2 on without hitting the eject/reset button? like bypassing that?

also i didnt blow a fuse right, because the led wouldnt turn on?

20. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Well if you blew out like half of the power supply then the system wouldnt turn on. because its not getting enough power. and i dont think there a way to bypass the switch thing.