1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i tried the sublime77 guide but...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rotfeld, Jan 16, 2003.

1. rotfeld

rotfeld Member

... and it works fine.
    well my first movie i tried is showtime, but on my standalone dvd it hangs up after the intro (which comes before the menu on the original dvd) on my pc with powerdvd it stops as well, only windvd skips after the intro (title 2) to the film (title 1). on my standalone dvd i have to pause the intro, then skip to title 1 - so it works. with ifoedit i played it - and after the intro it says:"a file can't be found on dvd" which file is he serching for? i tried it with another film and it works fine. can it be a protection?

thanks,

kris_X_X_X_X_X_[small]... hp200i dvd+rw[/small]

2. sublime77

sublime77 Member

If you used my guide then you shouldn't have a menu. No VIDEO_TS.VOB or VTS_01_0.VOB should be in your files. If you don't have those files and it is still getting hung up, then create new ifo files and Get VTS Sectors.

3. rotfeld

rotfeld Member

thanks sublime77,

i tried it again and it works (just exactly the way you said in your guide), so i must have been something doing wrong. so now i have an other question, after the short warner bros intro it starts with a trailer, i think this one comes if you don't touch your remote while the menu is up. is there a way to edit and cut vobs?

thanks,

kris

4. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Open the ifo title file in Ifoedit and go down the list until you see the vob ids. Double click on each one to see a preview. After you find which ones you don't want, just do Strip VOBs in Extras similar to stripping audio streams.