1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-tunes to MP3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BubbaBuck, Mar 17, 2005.

1. BubbaBuck

BubbaBuck Member

I want to put a song as a ringtone on my phone. I just wanted the song not the whole CD so I bought a pepsi got the free song from i-tunes. It shows a file extension MPeg4. Well that file type isn't supported by my phone.. I have checked into some ripps and none will recognize that file at all to convert it to the MP3 that my phone does support.. I have taken other songs from cd's ripped to MP3 and put those on the phone..

So in a nutshell how do I convert an i-tunes MPeg4 to an MP3? or is it even possible?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

N a nut shell what you want to do is convert a DRM protected AAC (.m4p) file to Mp3. It simple, you can't do it. There is a way to get it to Mp3 but I will only go into that if you want me too (think Analog).

Ced

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

id say the simplest thing would be to burn it via itunes, then re-rip it.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Exactly punx777, exacty. Thats why iTunes is great! Try that with downloaded Napser music :).

5. whompus

whompus Active member

6. BubbaBuck

BubbaBuck Member

wow lotsa info good to know and learn. I'm going to try the burn and rip (why didn't I think of that)...
    If I can't get that going I'll research the analog way... lol dictaphone? thinking of how to cable it so I can eliminate speakers and mics. hmm ipod to speaker input recording with media player or winamp.

7. punx777

punx777 Regular member

how bout real's service? arent their songs 50 or 75 cents?

i dont like giving apple money, thats why i have yet to spend $ on itunes, i have reedemed about 20 pepsi bottle caps that i have found @ hockey games. for now when i really need something i buy from walmarts music downloads, 88cents :)

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

9. iknowGod

iknowGod Member

hey i have an easier way than anyone else here has suggested, first in i-tunes make a playlist of the songs you like, second burn them to a cd, third, import them back on to your computer so you have doubles and when you import them right click on the import song then click get info and it won't be protected, once you import all of the songs, take the imported ones and put them into a new playlist, select all of those songs go to edit, preferences, click on importing, then change aac encoder to mp3 encoder, then click ok, once you have all the songs selected right click and go to convert to mp3, after that you will have a third copy of the songs in your, library click on the center song (the song in between its other duplicates) finally bring those songs to a playlist and you will have mp3's of all the songs you converted

10. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What do you mean? punx777 said it above.

You can rip using any software you like. The CD isn't copy protected.

Ced

11. thump

thump Guest

I need instructions on how to convert i-tunes into mp3 for my psp

any help would be great

12. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

13. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Its BS and its illegal!

14. thump

thump Guest

BS or not I still paid for the song and I should be able to do what I want with it don't you think. If I not only want it on my ipod why can't I put the same songs on my psp.

15. BubbaBuck

BubbaBuck Member

ok I'm really going to show my ignorance waht is a PSP?

16. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Are you joking? Everyone knows what a PSP is. Anyways a PSP is a Playstation Portable. For those stuck in the Super Nintendo era.

17. BubbaBuck

BubbaBuck Member

Sorry I guess I outgrew video games about 20 years ago....

18. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I'm with you BubbaBuck. Just keep reading these forums like do & you'll pick-up a lot of information. Most of which will be useless though(LOL). Always good to feed the brain. Keeps an old guy like me going!!

19. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Sorry dude I thought you were joking. The PSP is supposed to be the Nintendo DS rival. DS meaning dual screen. Another portable hand held console which has come a long way since the days of the original Game Boy. I personally think buying a portable console is a waste of money as games should be played on a full size telly. I rarely play games mainly Pro Evo 4 when I get a spare moment. Just my opinion, don't intend to start a full blown argument. Anyway back to topic, on the PSP you can download mp3 and other audio formats as well as videos. Probably other stuff i havnt touched on but im sure u will find a forum which goes into greater detail.

20. BubbaBuck

BubbaBuck Member

no Problem I just didn't know if it was like another kind of "personal song player" or some other technology I was unaware of.