1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem I use a passwork prog to keep my PWs but Windows Security will not left me modify them now.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jagman55, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagman55

jagman55 Member

I use a small PW program that keeps my PWs and has worked for years but was set on EVERYONE and I thought I should narrow that down to ONE user ID, logon, etc. I made some changes by
    Removing EVERYONE as the owner, etc, but now, it will not allow me to alter, add, change any passwords and gives no error messages. When I try and go back in, the PW/data has not changed.

I have tried to go though the Security: Properties > Security and the OWNER, GROUPS, USER NAMES. PERMISSIONS and can not get it right.

It worked on EVERYONE but several weeks ago, I thought that was a bad idea and changed it to my LOGIN name, and ADMINS, etc but still do not have the proper combinations.

1. My Laptop works fine with its copy but it is still set to AUTHENTICATED USERS But, this Desktop does not have that as a selection and when I try to ADD, it says it can not find that definition.

2. When the Desktop stopped working, now when I execute the program, I get the popup window I do not get on the laptop of: Do you want to allow this program from an unknown publisher..................

IF you had a program like this, what would you do to the Security TAB to narrow down the ones to have access? It is only me on these PC.

Any suggestions? PW do have to be changed and entered.

captures of my Property Security tab is attached.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.