1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I use dvd decrypter first then use dvd shrink.....What's the diff?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by freakmode, May 18, 2004.

1. freakmode

freakmode Member

I am fairly new to this 'game' but have had great sucsess backing up my movies so far. Here is the deal though: I followed the dirrections from the techtv.com website and it says to use decrypter first then came back afterwards with dvd shrink. It seems to work well and I have had little to no problems. My question is this, what is the difference by using decrypt first then comming back and going with shrink last? Last I use nero and it comes out. Is there any diff?

thanks,,,,,,

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If you have nero then there is no reason to use dvd decrypter,decrypter is used mostly when shrink wont do the job,or when you need decrypter to burn(no need since you have nero)
    my method is dvd shrink/nero,works like a charm.Unless you have the rare disc that shrink wont crack.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Some people simply use DVDdecrypter out of habit & loyalty to its author. (count me as one of those people). DVD decrypter is a class app.

Some users on this forum have had problems ripping certain titles using Shrink, then they tend to use Decrypter & load into shrink.

Shrink can save some time on a ripping IE if you are reauthoring & selecting your desired titles.

The bottom line is, there really is no REAL difference, it purely down to the individual.