1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i use these programs......do you know better ones?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by SuiSam, Nov 19, 2003.

1. SuiSam

SuiSam Member

Ok ive only just joined and have discovered that most people that have posted use burning programs that i have learned to stay away from (eg disc juggler and the such)when i was in the cd-r only days. nowdays i use Burnatonce, Dvdshrink, Dvdxcopy(as a last resort...i get rid of that stupid legal message though),ifoedit, Rarely nero and ulead dvd movie factory as well(i use ulead for avi -> dvd ). So if anyone has a program that is better than the ones i use please reply but give me a decent reason other than....."its just cool....or i havent tried anything else" I also use a Pioneer a106 4x dvd drive and a seperate reader for ripping (save burner damage/wear and ... you know). anyways any info is cool because i do a lot of burning and anything to kill time wasted would be great.....

2. Ootsonati

Ootsonati Member

I use TMPGEnc Plus for Avi --> MPEG2, DVDLab for authoring, and Nero for burning.

I used Ulead Movie Factory for a while, but found it to be too slow, error prone, poor quality, and lacking a halfway decent menu editor. It's a good program for newbies to play with, but in the end it's just a toy. DVDLab is a bit confusing at first but it's really simple once you get the hang of it.

TMPGEnc is probably the best encoder out there on the low end of the market. A lot of people have recomended TMPGEnc DVD Author to me as well, but I'm happy with DVDLab for now. It is slightly cheaper than DVDLab I believe; both have 30 day demos, so it wouldn't hurt to check both out.

I use Nero just out of personal preference. Do stay away from EZCD as it re-encodes your video at the highest CBR, which is no good for anything over an hour.

If you haven't Downloaded VirtualDub or one of it's mods yet, do yourself a favor and get it ASAP. It's free and is basically the Swiss army knife of video editing. If you ever run into audio-synch problems, you'll want both VDub and VDub-MP3 Freeze.

This site has some good guides for pretty much anything related to video. http://www.dvdrhelp.com

3. SuiSam

SuiSam Member

Cool thanks for the info. ezcd sounds like its pretty crud so i will take your advice. Just one thing though with nero 6.......it does tend to stuff up...im waiting for a better version so ive been sticking to the later 5.5.whatever versions.

Anyhow thanks heaps for the info! :D

4. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

nero to burn
    dvd2one to shrink
    dvd decrypter to decrypt