1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want a easy software for my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by truepaki, Jan 24, 2007.

1. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

i was wondering if anyone can help...i want a psp software so i can download games from a torrent site and drag and drop it on the ISO folder and jus play it........i heard dvhook is good and easy and will not brick my psp....any suggestions what shall i do or what is the latest devhook also something that will not brick my psp....thanxxx a million

2. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

what is ur current firware

3. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

my firmwire is 1.50.

4. guano

guano Regular member

Just update to 3.03 OE-B. You need to start by updating to 3.02 OE-A tho, first. You'll really enjoy that.

5. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

but how do i do that i mean if i do it wrong it will brick my psp what is so good about it...

6. guano

guano Regular member

I was talking to Smurff about this not too long ago and he asked me the same thing: Why upgrade? Well, here's what I told him:

You can play PSone games! That's all I upgraded for.

1.50: Homebrew, Isos, UMD games.

3.03 OE-B: Homebrew, Isos, UMD games, PSone games, Visual effects when listening to mp3s, option to use screenshot mod to take screenshots of PSone games and some PSP games, there isn't an Iso/UMD you can't play! It's the latest FW! DevHook is a nasty 25MB or so in the ms0 and runs a bit laggy. 3.03 OE runs very fast b/c it's from flash, you can downgrade it back to 1.50 anytime you want to.

I lost a virgin 1.50 PSP to this. A WHITE one, mind you, and have never thought about going back.

The PSone emulator runs EBOOTS like homebrew, but they're anywhere from 300 to 500MB. Sony has released some EBOOT games, but you can make your own now, thanks to Dark_AleX. (That means you don't have to wait for Sony to pick and choose for you.) 99% of all PSone games are playable. (3.03 OE-B supports compression, too! Just like Iso->Cso.) That means you can think back to the days of PSone, find your fav game and play it on your PSP!!! That's reason enough.

Think about it:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
    THPS (1,2,3,4)
    MediEvil
    RidgeRacer
    Silent Hill
    Resident Evil 1,2,3,Survivor, Code Veronica
    Gran Turismo 1,2 (Yes!! We finally have our beloved Gran Turismo on PSP! Not the one we were promised, but it feels DAMN good to play Gran Turismo on PSP.) :p
    Myst
    Riven
    Driver 2 (Driver 1 doesn't work that well.)

All those PSone games on the go!!! You can only brick your PSP if you're a complete moron. The devs only throw that in there so you can't flame them if you brick your PSP using their product. There's really almost no chance in bricking if you've worked w/ flash before. If you haven't, it's still really hard to screw up.

guano says: Try it! You'll like it! *Two thumbs up*

7. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

i knw i upgraded got all excited dowloaded ummmm backed-up driver ( i do honeslty own all the driver games legitimatley lol) and then it wouldnt play too well, but guano........ is there light at the end of the tunnel? driver 2 works ? please say its soooo

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  8. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

ok can u show me how 2 do it plzzzzz...also if u have msn can you send me a private message giving your addi..thanxx also if i upgrade can i play PSP games such as need for speed carbon ETC..thanxxxx

9. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

yes youll play nfs carbon and it doesnt stop there, ill give u my msn but i wont be able to go on it tonight, as im in the uk and its approaching my time to jump into bed as im rather tired lol, i bet guano will be more than happy to help tho ;)

10. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

thankk you ad im in the uk aswell....also dont forget to giv me a private message about ur addi.anywyaz thankx for your help....

11. guano

guano Regular member

Sure, I can help you. Check your PM.

Hodgins: Idk if Driver2 works. I have NEVER played that game. I didn't know if it was gonna be as good as the original, so I didn't bother. I shall tho. Soon.

12. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

lol cool ill have to dig my 2 discs out and make my backups of them, guano check your pm's

13. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

kooooool thanxxxx ive added you both so hopefully ill talk to you when you come online .....p.s thanxxxxx

14. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

ok cool, ill be online about 4pm 2moro (after school, homework etc :( ) lol