1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a new modchip!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sideshow, May 27, 2004.

1. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Hey there gamers, I'm getting sick and tired of doing the swap magic method booting PS2 games with my V4 No Solder chip. I was wondering which solder chip that instant boots PS2/PS games is the way to go. I dont mind soldering. My concern is that I have a chip which for PS games, the antimod protection on certain games wont detect the modchip so I can isntantly boot these games without the ppf patches. Also a chip which will play PAL PS/PS2 games on my NTSC system. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

you can get magic V, Duo2, messiah2, DMS3. not sure about the whole antimod games concerning those mods. As far as playing PAL on NTSC these mods will let you do it but, you'd still need to patch these games because the PAL games don't display properly on NTSC tvs unless they are patched.

3. Dany22

Dany22 Member

Get the DMS3..

its the best chip out there..first, its the only one who support the ps2 hdd (both sony and 3rd party) in case u are planning to buy one later...2nd, with the v2.0 or v2.2 flash upgrade (u can update the version of the chip via cd that u burn to add new features or solve bugs, like freeze or black screens), u have an option in the dms3 config screen to force the ps2 video mode to pal or ntsc depending on the region of the game u play..i play pal games (not patched) on my ntsc ps2 and tv with this method and its work in full color, no screen flickering and the screen centered, both for ps2 or ps1 games..also, but this is an extra..u can install and load small application from the memory card or from the hdd via the dms explorer or the dms hdd explorer that u install before (both, u can get at dms3 website)
    so in my opinion get the dms3, it has many good feature that magic or messiah 2 doesnt have

Cheer,

Dany22

4. Dany22

Dany22 Member

Get the DMS3..

its the best chip out there..first, its the only one who support the ps2 hdd (both sony and 3rd party) in case u are planning to buy one later...2nd, with the v2.0 or v2.2 flash upgrade (u can update the version of the chip via cd that u burn to add new features or solve bugs, like freeze or black screens), u have an option in the dms3 config screen to force the ps2 video mode to pal or ntsc depending on the region of the game u play..i play pal games (not patched) on my ntsc ps2 and tv with this method and its work in full color, no screen flickering and the screen centered, both for ps2 or ps1 games..also, but this is an extra..u can install and load small application from the memory card or from the hdd via the dms explorer or the dms hdd explorer that u install before (both, u can get at dms3 website)
    so in my opinion get the dms3, it has many good feature that magic or messiah 2 doesnt have

Cheer,

Dany22

5. Dany22

Dany22 Member

sorry about the double posts..clicked 2 times to the reply fast

6. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

I am leaning toward the DMS3. I was wondering if this chip can be bought Prewired? I will do the rest of the soldering to the motherboard. Any recommended dealers on the web?

7. psx245

psx245 Regular member

dms3 is such a great modchip. i had a no solder mod which wasn't the way to go. dms3 is great it works on pretty much any game. and it lets you upgrade. try modchipman.com

8. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

thanks for the info. I have this ps1 antimod protection game called rockman. This game does not have a patch. I sure hope DMS3 will boot it!

9. Dany22

Dany22 Member

sideshow,

im not sure if the dms3 can solve your problem with old ps1 game's antimod protection bcus i have 2 ps1 games (dino crisis original that i can boot if u put the chip in sleep mode and crash bash backup wich i can patch) but there is another way to boot them without patching..just go www.cheatcc.com website, scroll down to the playstation section (at the left side of the window) and click "codes" (these are gameshark code so u need a copy of gameshark v4 or v5 for playstation (not ps2) and u can input an anti-mod code for all the antimod protected games (each games has their own codes so dont put them together its not gonna work..after u input the code(s) just save it to the ps1 memory card), you choose that code, choose start game, remove your gameshark cd, put your game and press x to boot the game and that antimod code bypass the big red screen+text that you get while booting

Cheer,

Dany22
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2: V7 with DMS3 with 2.2 flash upgrade
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
    Memory: 512MB 400mhz DDR
    Windows XP Home
    Burner: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105
    Media: Verbatim, Memorex, Fujifilm and sometime cheap medias lol[/small]

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  10. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Hey thanks Danny22. I do know about those codes you mentioned, I just dont have a gameshark and dont want to buy it for just one game. I was concerned about the sleep mode function you said the DMS3 has. After I boot Rockman and it goes to the PS screen, can I turn the modchip into sleep mode right before the antimod protection screen appears? Another words, will the modchip still boot the game if I do this process? It should not detect the antimod protection then. PS I would just patch this damn game to eliminate the protection if their was actually a patch for this game. I cant find a patch for Rockman, only Rockman 2.

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  11. Dany22

Dany22 Member

about the sleep mode..its only work if u have the original version of the game not a backup...bcus dms3 sleep mode is done by pressing and holding the eject button while the ps2 is in stand by mode (red light on) until the sony computer screen shows up with the small cubes (the cd tray will open of course, this is normal) and after u release the eject button..this will turn off the chip completly until u reset the ps2 again, meaning backups will not gonna boot bcus there is no chip, its like u didnt install a chip in the ps2. if u meant the switch that u install on the chip so u can turn it off after the game booted..forget it..its a hassle in the pain, u need to open the ps2 and connect wires to a small switch and to the chip ground part..its complicated anyway..and u can screw up the stuff..i dont recommend it..just use gameshark code to bypass the antimod protection..easier and its work always..i tried to patch one time a game and it did nothing,i got the same error and i wasted a cd.

Dany22

12. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

dms3 all the way man i have one and have never had a single problem playing any backed up games, it is the most reliable chip for ps2.

13. Dany22

Dany22 Member

yep,u r right..also it has the psx and ps2 video fix meaning u can play pal (or ntsc) games on a ntsc (or pal) console without patching them and the game will run in full color, without screen flickering and the screen centered..i tried this with Driver pal version (spanish) and the game runs fine as it was running on a pal console, i dunno any other chips that have this feature than the DMS3..so DMS3 all the way..

Cheer,

Dany22

14. modifier

modifier Member

Which software is the best at copying PS2 games?

15. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

dvd decrypter that's my opinion

16. azzman

azzman Member

sorry if this sounds stupid but im a newbie. What are ppf patches and why do you need them?

17. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

ppf patches are for PS1 anti mod games. If you dont apply these individual patches for certain PS1 games then your PS2 wont be able to boot them.

18. foundmy

foundmy Guest

if you have a v9/v10 machine the dms3 v9 and matrix infinity (for v9/v10) bothsupport anti-mod. so no patching is needed...