1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want only the spanish subtitles,how?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rjr20001, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

i want to show only the spanish subtitles in a movie that is predominately english but with a few spanish lines,how do i do this with dvd shrink?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

rjr20001 ,
    In the subtitle section keep the check in the box that says Spanish if it is offered. Uncheck all of the rest

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Sorry I should have been more clear.
    Lower right hand side you will see subpicture. Uncheck all except for the Spanish

4. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

yeah i know about that,the problem is i dont know how to get "only" the subtitles when there is only a few lines spoken in spanish,i.e an english speaking cop in an english speaking movie goes into mexico and some locals are speaking in spanish but the rest of the film is in english,i only want those spanish subs not all the others!!

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

rjr20001,
    If they are not on the original DVD then you will not get them. Are the subtitles showing on the DVD original like your example states. If it only a few lines the producers might not have added it. Sorry but this is the best I can do for you

6. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

yes theyre on the origional dvd but i just dont know which track they are,they may be the one called "forced captions" but i am not sure,for example when watching lord of the rings there are no subtitles but when they speak in elvish the subs appear,this happens in the cinima also!but i appreciate ur help i think were just on different wavelenghs!!