1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I WANT to convert a AVI file on to a dvd rw.. so i can play it on DVD..with NERO

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by hsengh, Jul 24, 2003.

1. hsengh

hsengh Member

NEED HELP PLS.. I AM TRYIN TO CONVERT A AVI FILE ON TO A DVD-RW BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT DOING THIS ON NERO??

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Dont think you can do it with Nero. You can use a program called TMPGEnc to encode from avi to mpeg2. You can then use another program called TMPGEnc DVD Author to encode the mpeg2 to VOB format so it can be put on DVD.

3. hsengh

hsengh Member

what about on nero 6.. the newest one.. i think i might be able to do it on that... is it hard to do it from that program u told me to do it from .. ?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not sure about Nero 6, Nero hasnt been renound for being the best at encoding. The TMPGEnc stage takes about 10 hours and the DVD Author part takes about 30 mins. Im not as sure on the TMPGEnc part, i know it worked the second time i did (forgot to multiplex sound the first) and it wasn't complicated. I can help you with the Authoring part hopefully.

Chris