1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to Convert TV Shows from DIshnetwork DVR to a DVD Movie/Video Disk

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mpestes, Mar 29, 2004.

1. mpestes

mpestes Member

Hello all,
    I have a Dishnetwork DVR 1500 Digital Video Recorder & I want to convert some of those TV Shows to a DVD Video Disk.
    I have an OSPREY 100 Video Capture Card with VID CAP Capture program that installs the Osprey Drivers.
    I tried to Capture uncompressed & it took around 1gig per minute-so I Captured again with VIDCAP-this time I used DIVX 5.1 Codec & this time I got 30minutes of video at about 118MB.
    I read the guide at
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm
    I am still NOT SURE if this guide applies to what I am doing...
    I am still in the process of waiting on TMPGEnc to encode my file- the last part of that guide where you burn to disk-got a little vague.
    What is the BEST way to put these TV clips on a DVD Disk to play in my Standalone DVD Player connected to my TV??
    Some of these TV clips are 30min shows that can be downloaded at http://kcm.org/media/webcasts/index.php
    There you can download these programs in .wmv format.
    WOuld it be easier to download these programs & convert them somehow to .mpeg2 format & make the DVD movie disk??
    Someone PLEASE show me how I can do this task easier.
    Many thanks!!
    mpe

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

There's a Yahoo group called Dishrip with resources and instructions for getting files from a Dish Network DVR. I think their resources are specific to certain models so I don't know if it will help you, but it's worth a try.