1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to mod my V7 PS2...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by govegan, Jan 16, 2007.

1. govegan

govegan Member

I am wanting to mod my PS2, v7.

I don't want to deal with soldering, and I'd like to get it done myself, since I don't want to dish out however much it costs to have someone else do it. The chip I want is the The DMS4 E.Z.I PRO, might as well spend 10 bucks extra to get PRO instead of the Lite.
    So I want to install this chip myself, is it easy? Can it successfully be done myself?
    Or does anyone know of a cheap place to send it off to in the US, to have it done by them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

if you search for information about that chip you find a lot of people having problems

3. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Im sure the supplier of the chip will give detailed instructions to make it easy for ya

4. govegan

govegan Member

I have seen a lot about people having problems, that is also why I would like to know if anyone can recommend a solderless chip they have installed themselves and had it work alright.

Thanks

5. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

yeah, they have solderless solutions. One draw back is that the contacting point sometimes does not connect very well. If you're clueless of what to do, be sure you have enough money to buy a new ps2, or spend most of your time troubleshooting. Modchip installer now a day charges no more than $60, conisidering that includes no headache, no screws up, and not paying a dime extra to get things to work correctly.

6. govegan

govegan Member

Yeah, I just found one, modchipman.com, and they'll do the complete installation of a DMS Pro chip, installation all for 115$. That is the cheapest I could find, but that is 55 for the chip and 60 for installation, and then 10 for shipping, and whatever my shipping charges are. So I think I am going to go with that. The chip will be soldered, but I guess that doesn't matter since I won't be installing it.

Thanks for the help.