1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to moddify a Xbox... anyone have pictures of the gutts size?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by addbass, Feb 12, 2005.

1. addbass

addbass Member

ok heres the deal... im wanna put a modded xbox into my trucks dash where the passenger air bag is located. (this is not the factory dash! i bought a new one that has the air bag slot so i can do this instal!
    now the Xbox is just alittle to big to fit in thier in one piece... :(
    so im wondering if i can take it apart and kinda stack them in a different configuration to a custom mounts and maybe even locate the harddrive lower or cd slot in another location if at all posible... if i could add some cable to the cd-rom and mount it in that location alone that would be great! then if i could extend the controler ports to go along with the cd-rom then that would be the easiest way to go for sure!

i realy wanna instal this in my dash! i could mount it in the rear under my false floor BUT then its in the rear and that just looks tacky!

i got a xbox already but i realy want another to drop in my truck... but if i cannt make it work then ill have to use my PS2 slim in the dash... but i realy want a modded Xbox since i got pleanty of xbox games already! but my PS2 ive only got 3games :(

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i'm sure you can do that. i would make sure to use the sheet metal lining the xbox case to wrap the components up with due to static and interference. you can rearrange the motherboard, power supply, dvd drive, controller ports, and hdd as long as they aren't touching (you don't want to risk frying something like i did). you'll also have to hide a power inverter.

what do you need pics for? i can get them for you.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  3. addbass

addbass Member

mainly wanting pics of the mother board..... the air bag opening isnt that big and wondering how deep id have to do?
    but i guess the only big thing is if i could extend the cd-rom itself that would be realy great! but how far can i extend the cd-rom slot?
    i know i can easily extend the controler ports easy enough with just extension cords ;)

also can the ON/RESET button be extended?
    if thats at all posible that would be probably the easiest way to go!
    tho ive never had my xbox apart so im realy not sure how it wires up and since i play that thing daily.LOL i wouldnt wanna take it apart and experiment with... so id just buy one already modded..... and just do the further little extending wires...

ive been thinking and i guess i could leave everything else where its at in the box and just mount it behind the glove box and just mold it into the dash solid... or maybe not.
    only thing im realy worried about is the dept of the dash..... but if i could extend those 3 things like 10ft longer i could just put the xbox case under my false floor in the rear extended cab portion or even under the front passenger seat infact....
    i know about the inverter already since i used to have one to power my PS2 in my old towncar.. but i sold it and all that stuff. this time im going alittle bigger and more custom ;)
    im just trying to see if this is even posible.......

if its not posible in any way then i guess id have to use my PS2 slim in thier.... but with its door opening upwards instead of ejecting that kinda sucks for custom mounting!