1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to play avi's of the ps2 hdd

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Jiroubi, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Jiroubi

Jiroubi Member

hi, this is actually the first time i am using a thread, and was wondering if i can get some help. for weeks i have been searching for a way to play avi files of the actual ps2 hdd. i know that many people use Ps2Reality media player to load avis and mp3's of a cd, but considering the amount of avi's i have, i figured it would be more convenient to play them directly of the hdd. i have a 120gb hdd, and have ps2 formatted it with hdloader. i have tried putting Ps2reality media player on the HDD using WinHIIP and it loaded. the only thing is, reality media player does not have the option of loading avi's of the hdd. i have also tried networking my ps2, but that only allows u to transfer ps1 games or elf files. for the longest time i have been searching for a solution and now am hoping that someone out there will be able to help me.

thankyou in advance

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

I also want to play avi/dvds off the HD but as of now its not possible.

3. Jiroubi

Jiroubi Member

what if i install linux onto the ps2, which i know is possible, and then somehow get it to play divx avi files.... could that be a possibility considering i am getting the ps2 linux edition soon

4. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

you can always install the Ps2Reality media player to dev mc:0 so you won't have to use the cd. then you can put the avi's on a dvdr and play them.