1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to put dv to dvd

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Davem, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Davem

Davem Member

hi
    i just brought a sony trv18e digital video camera i have recorded something for a freind and i want to give it him as a dvd.
    it has usb streaming on it and it can also have an i link as i have a sony vaio pc with the software can it be put on toi dvd easily or not

2. miksirhc

miksirhc Member

Hello,

To recap: you have a camcorder with i-Link and Sony Vaio PC with i-Link.

To connect using i-Link (and it is superior quality compare to USB) you must have 4-pin to 4-pin firewire cable, a.k.a. i-Link cable (MSRP $59 for 6 feet). Next, start the Sony brand movie maker software to capture the footage from your camcorder. Edit. Compile to DVD format (mpeg). Authorize with proper software at your liking.

I’ve done several family and friends wedding films and gave it to them, in DVD, as a gift. What a memory to cherish, huh?

Good luck.

3. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

There is a simpler way I think - Just get Pinnacle Studio 8 full version which comes with a firewire and the necessary leads. It also comes with DVD authoring tools and is easy to edit and author your disc. The quality of Pinnacle is superior to anything else on the market I think (where's my fee Pinnacle!).