1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to rebuild a dual layer iso of God of War

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vesper8, Apr 22, 2005.

1. vesper8

vesper8 Member

Hello! Last week I successfully extracted both layers of an original dvd9 iso of GoW.

Now that HDloader works with the dual layer patch. I want to copy the FULL game including all bonus movies. My problem is I don't have the original ISO anymore, only the 2 extracted layers.

How can I rebuild those into one single dvd9 iso file? I tried using cd/dvd gen 1.50 by choosing a new dual layer master dvd-rom. Then I put all my files in layer 0 and put part2.pak on layer 1. When I export my IML file it doesn't say anything but my 2nd layer.. just completely ignores it and if I then use imp2iso it also ignores my part2.pak so that's not working too well..

Any idea how I can basically undo the step of splitting both layers from the original dvd9 iso?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

3. vesper8

vesper8 Member

it's not.. i've read it already. frankly nobody ever has to do what i'm wanting to do. All tutorials available reconstruct the ISO as a flattened single layer image.

I get the feeling what i'm trying to do is not possible... but will keep hoping someone has the answer

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You need to have the Original Iso 7.93 GB in order to burn dvd9
    or to export to HDD.
    The pak2.file has to be in the second layer.
    I dont think the process could be reversed properly,
    Beacuse the original Pak2.file was written in PTP.

Backup Games you legally own.