1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I WANT XBOX LIVE HELP ME PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SimonF, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SimonF

SimonF Member

My xbox 360 is flashed but i want to play games online, i have heard many different opinions on using it online

i have heard that if i play original games online even with a flashed xbox 360 console, MS cannot detect that the console has been flashed. Is this true?

Also, on a thread on this forum, 2 people where discussing whether a guy with a flashed xbox 360 console ciould play backup games online and not get banned, the 2nd guy continued to tell the guy with the flashed console to go to Dashboard > Sytem > Console Settings > System info > and then tell him what the version of thw dashboard he had, the guy read it as :

D:2.0.2858.0 - k:2.0.2858.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0)

Then the guy continued to tell him that the games could be upgraded, and that he could play backup game snline witout being banned, after reading this i checked my dashboard version, but mine is different, mine reads :

D:2.0.5766.0 - K:2.0.5766.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0) X:01BC-9889-032E-9321

What does this mean?
    and can i go on xbox live with my flashed console to play original games or not?

please reaply i will be very greatful

-Simon-

2. steimy

steimy Active member

everything that you read was a complete lie. Let me give you the facts:
    1. Can you play backups online-YES
    2. Can you get banned for thi-YES
    3. What are your chances of getting banned, I would estimate 50-50 at this point.
    4. Are there ways to help avoid getting banned (notice i did not say ways you will NEVER get banned)- YES. By using quality media like Verbatim, By making sure all of your copies are stealth patched, by making sure your console always stays up to date with the current drive flash available.

You should be fine playing originals online as from what most people speculate it is bad back up copies that are the cause of people getting banned. But i doubt highly that anyone can tell you and be 100% certain that Microsoft has no way to detect a flashed console.

As far as dashboard and game updates, well once you sign into Live you have no choice. You either update the dashboard or game, or you can not sign onto Xbox Live. So there is no avoiding it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  3. SimonF

SimonF Member

thank you very much for your reply

i have been using verbatim DVD+R DL disks for the copied games but i am not looking to play them 1's online.
    so if i only played ORIGINAL gamed online eventhough its a flashed console would i get banned or not?

thanx

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The "k" and the 4 digit number are what's important. That's your kernal. The latest kernal is 6683. Your kernal is 5766. So the first time you sign on to LIVE, you will be asked to update. If you don't update, you'll just be signed out of LIVE.

5. smoobies

smoobies Guest

IF YOU REALY WANT TO PLAY XBL THEN GET ANOTHER UNMODDED xbox to play original Xbox games. I wish I would have done this befor I got banned. Well any ways I could still play if I get another system. But it's not a matter of if you get banned it's a matter of when. There are over 10 milloin people playing XBOX live. It will take some time before they catch up to you. They know that people are playing modded systens online so they are always pushing the envelope to find a way to catch modded xboxes. It's like this if you don't want to become embarassed like I did when I called Tech support and they said I was banned, then just go out and get another xbox.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I would have to agree with the above. That is the ONLY 100% sure fire way that you can have the best of both worlds. This of course means that you would have to buy every game you play online. So it may not be an option for you XBL addicts. But for people who only play 1-5 games online and the rest offline it is a great option.

7. SimonF

SimonF Member

thank you ery much fr your replys and help.
    i chose to take a chance and i have conencted to xbox live. MS aint banned me YET, bt i aint gunnah play any copied games online so it wnt giv it away really easily.

thank you very very much
    -simon-

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

When you play your backups, make sure you have your cable unplugged before you even put a disc in the tray. The 360 will communicate with MS even if you're not signed in to your gamertag.