1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i went to the configuration menu..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by makami, Jul 5, 2007.

1. makami

makami Guest

i did the hold R thing and start my psp, then i went to confugiration menu, there's nothing there, then my psp just shut down.. how can i enable the no umd thing,

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Your flash1 seems to be corrupted. Plug your psp to your pc through usb. Go to toggle flash1 from recovery. Delete everything in flash1, don't worry, won't brick. Now exit. You will get a blue screen of death, and you'll be prompted to restore system files. Go ahead and say yes. Your flash1 will now be reformatted, and you should get your recovery menu back.

PS. If you are not comfortable doing this, there are flash1 formatters available, which essentially does the same thing. I never used one, so I don't have a link.

3. makami

makami Guest

tnx dude... made it... thanks a lot

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Glad I can help.

5. makami

makami Guest

dude i can able to play games now, by using an UMD, then i tried to enable the no UMD.. but it hang.. can u pls help me.. thanks

6. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Don't enable "Use NoUMD", rather just have any game or demo (not video in the drive.
    I remember a few posts on this and this option doesn't/sometimes(?) doesn't work.
    Anyone else with comments?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Like 70% of games won't work with it. It's just best to have a UMD in.

8. makami

makami Guest

ok thanks...