1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wnat to install win xp on my preinstalled vista laptop

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by zahid392, Aug 11, 2007.

1. zahid392

zahid392 Member

Hi evreyone can anyone give me proper guideline how i can completly remove vista and install win xp professional.I have HP pavilion dv6405 eo laptop and 120 hard disk and only one drive.

Thanx in advance

2. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Put your XP CD in the drive.
    Boot from CD.
    And follow the directions when booted from XP CD.--Delete the partition and re-format the Drive with NTFS file system, and install windows.
    If you cannot do one/any of the above, ask again.

Welcome to aD!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  3. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Be carefull i cant remember where i read it but some people were having trouble. They brought a laptop with Vista then tried to erase it and put Xp on it and had problems. I tried to find the web article but couldnt. I believe it was laptops from Bestbuy.

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

Before wiping out Vista, verify that you can get XP drivers for your video card, motherboard chipset, sound card, and the like. Many late model laptops do not have XP drivers even on the manufacturers site and since most have OEM hardware you can't just use the latest Forceware or Catalyst drivers for example.

5. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Thanks Xian maybe thats what i read. I still couldnt find the article but i think it was as you stated