1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IBM A22e Thinkpad freezing

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kicksyc, Oct 19, 2012.

1. kicksyc

kicksyc Member

Hi all, I've got hold of an IBM A22e thinkpad which as xp pro on. I formatted the HD and reinstalled all up to date drivers and every thing seemed OK but every so often it freezes and when you reboot it says can't find HD so if you reboot it says can't find operating system but eventually after rebooting it all comes back. The last time it did it I shut it down and left it for 30 min then rebooted and it just came back up. As anyone come across this problem as it is driving me mad just when you think it's gone up it pops again. don't know if it's the mother board or some component. Would really like some help guys.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try another hard drive as current drive might be dying.

3. kicksyc

kicksyc Member

I don't think there is a problem with the HD as I had it in another IBM lap top with no problem. However after doing some research I have maybe identified a possible source of the problem. It appears that a lot of people are having problems with flash player causing cpu to go to 100% and then making the pc over heat causing it to freeze. I ran the laptop today for an hour with no problem then I tried to play a flash video on the web using Chrome which was jerky and straight away cpu went to 100% and you could feel the laptop working hard and getting hot. People are saying that flash player seems to be causing this kind of problem but there doesn't seem to be a solution. do you think that this could be the problem or at least part of the problem.

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member