1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IBM Thinkpad 600E problems - 8611 error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by stevie901, May 20, 2009.

1. stevie901

stevie901 Member

hi there it has been along time since i was on this site (actually asking about the same problem, but i gave up then, and am trying to fix it once again)

I get a 8611 error every time i boot the laptop, i have replaced the keyboard, and the Audio Video Card inside the IBM thinkpad.

I have been able to disable the option before, but i thought i might have fixed it, so i re-enabled it, and i can no longer get into bios, i have done what other people have suggested: F5 or F8 at the screen with error code-red symbol-ibm book, F12 at boot-up, go to setup which you get put into at error screen(this has never happened), and whats worse is tht i need to format the HDD as windows doesn't work properly - which i cant do due to the 8611 Error

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an all other topics issue.

3. dailun

dailun Active member

Well, you've already replaced the keyboard, which should normally fix this problem.

If it's not that then you're looking at the main board.

I have a 600X that I upgraded the CPU on, and it's barely functional as a DVD player for my kid.

I think that you should just give it a decent burial and move on.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. stevie901

stevie901 Member

Thanx for quick reply, to be honest i think your probably right had it few years now