1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ic1003+1c1006 very confused

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fultonla, Mar 24, 2007.

1. fultonla

fultonla Guest

hi i was just about ready to use the easy downgrader for ta-082 2.71 then i realized that inside my umd drive it had both IC1003 on the right side and IC6001 on the left side. what does this mean? is it a ta-082 is it safe to dowgrade?

any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    fultonla

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

3. fultonla

fultonla Guest

so can i use the downgrader for 2.71 ta-082 motherboards even though it has both?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  4. fultonla

fultonla Guest

I just read something about a ta-086. could that be what it is? i really need to know if i can use this downgrader or not

5. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

6. fultonla

fultonla Guest

is this one any more or less dangerous than the ta-082 downgrader posted her?
    and has anyone here succesfully downgraded with a ic1003+1c1006 motherboard?

7. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

less because it say it is corruption free. I have not tested, I use the Ookm 2.8 downgrader.

8. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade from there! it will patch your mobo so no matter which one you have, it'll downgrade. only prob is you have to flash the firmware with a HEN (homebrew enabler) to use the downgrader. get it from dl.qj.net

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  9. fultonla

fultonla Guest

so are you saying i should upgrade and use the 2.8 downgrader?

i dont have gta and dont know anyone who does :S
    would anyone of these do the same and which one is the safest.
    http://dl.qj.net/TA-082-Easy-Downgrader-...12267/catid/114
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=85767
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/441460

by the way i am planning on using custom firmware after this preferably 3.03 oe-c

10. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

go to a resale store like gamestop or eb games and buy one. just make sure its a used one. and if you get a 2.6 version just ask them to help you out, im sure they'll know what you want when you ask for a gta: lcs copy with 2.00 on it.

11. fultonla

fultonla Guest

is there any other way to do it without a gta umd

12. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

not to my knowledge.

13. fultonla

fultonla Guest

i mean is there any other downgrader that will patch the motherboard such as the 2.71 or 2.80 downgraders?

and

will having use hend and devhook for a while before deciding to downgrade hinder my ability to downgrade safely?

sorry for all the questions i just need to be certain that this isn't going to come back to haunt me in the future. I'm not so concerned right now because if i bric it during downgrade i can just bring it back to futureshop as it is only a couple weeks old.

14. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

um im not sure on those downgraders but 3.03's defiantly work

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  15. fultonla

fultonla Guest

ok well considering the downgrade process in 2.71 and 2.80 require hen d i dont thinks so

also

i read that the 2.71 and 2.80 downgraders permantly patch your mobo to make the version not matter anymore is this true?

16. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

where did you read this?

17. fultonla

fultonla Guest

i cant remeber exactly where but on a lot of the ta-082 downgrade guides it says it runs some kind of idstorage thing that changes keys to make the mobo version no longer matter

edit

Q: So I can downgrade a TA-082 PSP now... are there any limitations after I'm done downgrading?
    A: During the process of downgrading a TA-082 PSP, the PSP is permanently altered so that it is basically no longer a TA-082. You can do anything with it that you could do to a normal PSP without having to worry. That means custom firmwares and everything else

18. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

try it. worst comes to worst, you have a paper weight. lol! i mean its you psp, so if you want to do it, do it, dont want to, then dont. your decision.

19. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

so there you go.

20. fultonla

fultonla Guest

ya lol so far that's the only thing left keeping me from doing it. I keep getting brave enough after i read like 100 success stories and i read one brick and it all that courage goes down the drain lmao

maybe if money wasn't such a issue with me as im 14 with no means of getting money. i dont even know how i got enough for this psp.

other than that can anyone tell me how futureshop does with returning bricked psps.

EDIT

ok i think i'm going to do it!!! thanks for all your help cfultz!!!

i will post back here later tonight or tomorrow.