1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IC1003 and Japanese 3.03 firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ChiefSmeg, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

Hi,

I hope someone can help a noob like me. I have a Japanese v3.03 firmware PSP with the IC1003 (TA-082?) MoBo, and I would like to be able to downgrade and install 3.4oe (I have the downgrader and the correct version of Liberty City Stories) can I do this on this MoBo?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

You can downgrade.

3. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

Is there anything I need to be aware of or do I just follow the readme that comes with the downgrader?

I am new to this and understandably nervous about 'bricking' my PSP...

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Yes.
    There is an inherent risk with any down/upgrade. But if you read the directions carefully, the downgrading process is nothing to worry about. The chance of the PSP bricking is the same as any official upgrade. Never, never turn your psp off while downgrading. Even if in the unlikely event that the psp froze during the downgrading. Give it time to finished. Leave it overnight if you have to. If you turn off, you WILL have a BRICK.

5. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

many thanks - I'll cross my fingers and give it a go as soon as I borrow the game from a mate.