1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

icons wont load?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by pbure0110, Jun 13, 2011.

1. pbure0110

pbure0110 Member

well i have a windows 7 dell computer and well i was having problems with my wireless printer so i called canon and while setting it up the computer its self failed. what its doing is its turning on & going to the desktop with only the wall paper and the mouse thats it, no task bar nor does control+alt+delete work. how do i fix this this is not my pc in the house and the person in my house will be pissed i need an asap fix thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Does booting into safe mode allow access to the Control Panel so you can try a System restore.

3. pbure0110

pbure0110 Member

no when u hold f8 to go to safe mode then u go 2 safe mode it looks the same as the normal mode & from what i know from seeing safe mode in the past the resolution gets bigger & it was the same size. also control alt delete does not work like in the other mode, all there is in any mode is just the wallpaper and the mouse.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  4. attar

attar Senior member

Can you press the Windows Logo Key + the R key to bring up the 'Run' box?

5. deltas

deltas Member

If you have a windows 7 repair disk use that to do a system restore or choose F8 and choose last known good configuration.