1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ide Drives

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Attilla, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Attilla

Attilla Guest

I have a Asus p5gd2 motherboard I have a Sata drive that is c: drive then i have two other drives that are Ide drives from my other computer. On my ide slot i have a dvdr and a cd rom. SO i have my other ide hard drives pluged in to the raid ide drive slots. But it still does not see those ide drives what am i doing wrong??? (sorry finger broke not the best typing)

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does motherboard have 2 40 pin ide connectors

3. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Yeah, take ddp's advice and put the IDE drives on the other ide controller. On some mobos (not sure if on yours or not, but apparently so) the raid controller will not function as a normal ide controller. You'd have to have those hard drives in a raid array to pick them up.

Have you also installed the raid drivers for the controller? So that windows knows what it is? That may be your problem. Check device manager for anything with an exclamation point. You may be able to see both drives independently after you install the drivers, but it's doubtful. I think at best you might be able to see one but that's just my experience with raid controllers and I'm not an expert by any means on them. It may work, it may not.

Can't hurt to try though, eh?