1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDE DVD drives

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by JoeyBoy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Hello I have 2 DVD Drives (IDE) one is a plextor DVD burner and the other is an LG dvd reader. My problem is after I installed the LG drive the LG drive would not work but the plextor would. Now either one will show up in windows, same with the floppy drive. Oh yeah they get power the eject no problem just are not recognized by windows lol. If there is anything that can help or Ideas anything would be much appreciated.

I have a MSI 945P mother board with 2 SATA Hard drives (which work fine).
    It's just weird it just happened today :(

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Floppy drive: make sure it's "ide" cable is not plugged in upside down.. you can tell if it is, because the drive's light will remain on the entire time. You may not receive any errors. If so, just flip one of them at either end.

DVD drives: Check the Master/Slave/Cable Select jumpers. By default, or 'out of the box' jumpers on CD/DVD drives are set to either Slave, or Cable Select. Set the first one at the end of the cable to 'master', and the second to the center cable connection to 'slave'.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007