1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for GOW 2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by The_Chaos, Jan 12, 2007.

1. The_Chaos

The_Chaos Guest

I have a few decent ideas for a Gears of War sequel, here they are:

Storyline Modifications:

- A more in depth look at the locust, maybe we could get a chance to play on a 'locust city' level, or maybe you get taken prisoner and get held hostage and you have to try and get out somehow.

- A more in depth look at Marcus' father, where he came from, what he did for a living, as when we found out on the game that Marcus had to go to his fathers house, we didnt see any sort of emotion from him.

- More boss fights, perhaps against a Brumak and more generals. Maybe some vehicular based combats aswell. I would also like to see more levels that portray the theme better, ie, destruction, disease, homelessness, death and desolation and whatever else you may think of.

- If you beat the game on insane, you should unlock a new difficulty that would be comparable to Halo's legendary setting, and if you beat the game on that difficulty, you unlock something ultracool like exclusive videos, new levels, multiplayer maps, weapons or whatever.

- More vehicular based levels would be good also, and a more wide range of vehicles would be appropriate aswell. Also, maybe an element of freedom, ie going where you want to go as opposed to sticking to a specific path.

- Flashbacks to parts of the game we didn't get to see, like the Pendulum Wars, so we'd get a better idea of the story, besides it would be pretty cool.

- We need a longer story line, that would take atleast 24 to 48 hours to complete, as I've heard many complaints regarding the length of GOW's story.

Characters Modifications:

- Maybe the addition of a customization option would be good for online multiplayer, like Rainbow Six: Vegas. The more you complete the game, ie, higher difficulties, COG tags, you unlock more new items like weapons and armour.

- Team commands would be a great addition to the game, both the team as a whole and individual commands like telling someone to man a Troika or something.

Weapons Modifications:

- I had an idea some while back, but just couldn't gather the enthusiasm to put it on Afterdawn, but I will do it now. I was playing Unreal Championship: The Liandri Conflict, and I noticed that the Ripjack would look suprisingly good as a new Locust weapon, think about it, it looks like it should be in GOW, so now is Epic's chance.

- More grenade types aswell as the multiplayer smoke grenades, maybe mines, trip mines or sticky grenades or proximity mines or whatever. I definately hope there is a Locust originated form of grenade though.

- I was reading a thread similar to this once and I came across an idea called the Hammer of Dusk, and this would be the Locust equivalent of the Hammer of Dawn. It would make everything pitch black for a period of time, allowing the Kryll to come out and wreak havoc. How it would do this I don't know.

- Some sort of Lightmass based weapon, maybe it could have tanks of Immulsion as ammunition, and the Lightmass process would turn it into a dense beam of pure energy when the weapon was fired.

- More and different manned guns, not just the Troika, we need more both Human and Locust originated weapons similar to the Troika.

- As you are playing through the game, you have probably noticed by now the knife that Dom has in his breast pocket, so some form of melee based combat aswell as using your guns as baseball bats, would be cool.

- A biological based weapon would also be cool, just thought I should add that in.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment, if I happen to think of anything else, I'll be sure to edit it in =]

Enjoy my ideas and feel free to rip 'em apart!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  2. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Degradeable cover would be interesting.

3. T4spartan

T4spartan Regular member

well, I think you just about covered everything..thanks

Peace Out!

4. The_Chaos

The_Chaos Guest

Lol i to think i covered alot of ground, hell yeah degradeable cover would be awesome, besides Epic said thats what there would be, but to our disappointment it failed to meet our expectations =/

I remember seeing a video with Cliffy B saying that you would be able to run upto things like tables and flip them up for cover, but again sadly that too didnt make it to the final game

One more thing is, ive heard alot of complaints on how annoying some aspects of the run and cover functions are, mainly for the following reason:

Say you are playing RAAM on insane (beleive me, i did it alone and it was probably one of the most difficult things in my life to date) and as he always does, he walks up really close to you. Now at this point, you're going to want to run to the other end of the train to find some more cover. Just say you make it to the other side, you roadie run to the cover, and just as you jump over the cover, you turn around and get eviscerated into millions of tiny pieces with RAAM's insanely powerful minigun.

My point being that, i wish there was a way to jump over the cover, and then get immeadiately into that coer without having to turn around and walk up to it, this would save lives =)

See my point?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  5. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

yeah, also you die a lot when you try to run away from enemies online and you accidently get stuck to a wall instead of doing a side jump. Also they should make destructible stuff like walls and stuff not only furniture, I mean like when you shoot at the wall and chunks fall off and you have to look for another cover.

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Double chainsaws!!

7. dMerc

dMerc Member

Good ideas. Getting stuck to walls when running is probably my only gripe with the game. That's really annoying.

8. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Army of 2 has this I think, looks like it could be a good game too.

Edit: Check out the demo on XBL if you get a chance!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  9. james2k7

james2k7 Member

here is my ideas 4 g.o.w 2 u play as locusts and they retreat to there city after bein beaten cogs r sent 2 wipe them out but fail n there captured as p.o.w aka prisoners of war and half way u change back 2 cog and u have to escaspe the prison camp n plant nukes all other there city and return 2 back 2 cog city

hope u like my ideas jus a thought into the trilogy
    if u like tha ideas measage me back

PEACE

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The first thing I would want changed would be to be able to skip the videos! I hate watching the videos even tho it tells you about what is going on so you can follwo the story line! They should also make that one chick at the beginnig of the game alittle better looking!

11. kevin821

kevin821 Member

u shuld b able to skip the videos...well at least i can... i think i press X or Y or sumthin

12. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

it's X

13. The_Chaos

The_Chaos Guest

Id like to see more variation in weapons like heavy machine guns, SMG's, rocket launchers or whatever. Rocket launchers would be good i think

14. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Weird! I can't skip the videos! Can you skip the videos on call of Duty 3?

15. The_Chaos

The_Chaos Guest

Yeah you just press X during a cinematic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  16. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Wierd I tried it on both games on my 360 and it didn't work, then I tried my games on a friends console and it worked fine!

17. wabashman

wabashman Active member

huh, i cant skip videos in COD3, but i can in GOW.....ill have just mash the buttons even more next time....

18. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I is weird because I can do it just fine on my girlys console, but not mine! What is goiong on?

~Domreis