1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas what to use for VHS to DVD for novice!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by 6kids, Dec 5, 2004.

1. 6kids

6kids Member

I just found your website and I am a novice. I hope that you won't mind me asking a question on your web site. I am looking for ideas on a unit to copy my vieos (VHS) to DVDs to save them from death when VHS is no more! Some of these are 'real' movies and some are home movies. We do not currently have a DVD player except in my Dell XP computer ...which we never use. I am looking at the Emersion EWR 20V4. It has a DVD player and also I might be able to copy my VHS tapes to DVDs. But I have been reading on this website that you can't copy some of my non-home movies. It kind of defeats the purpose! I have also read about the DVDXpress on this website. I think from what I have read that I would need to use my computer to transfer the VHS to DVD but this might be above my abilities? But if I did get the Emerson would it be obsolete soon because of the size disc's that it would be able to use?

2. baron1963

baron1963 Guest

6kids, go to mediostream,but first check what type of video card you have then try the free download and see if you can capture the movie, if it captures, then get it it is easy to use sort of like dvd xcopy 1-1 transfer, i'm using it now and i like it. but make sure you have a dvd burner.sorry almost forgot use neotv.

3. 6kids

6kids Member

Thanks for your advice. I will try it, but being a little green around these things , I hope it is novice friendly!!! :0) Thanks again, Six

4. 6kids

6kids Member

sorry ..... "neotv" ? I am sure that I sound rather dense but I am clueless!! Thanks!
    Six

5. baron1963

baron1963 Guest

first what type of system you have,what type of video card do you have,mwhen you find this out go back to mediostream,look at the type of cards it supports,if yours is there then download the neo tv 1.0, if you have more questions email the company and they will help you,the are understanding,with us novices,and yes this is simple to use. but don't expect dvd quality you will only get vhs quality. good luck