1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiot Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD arguments (cussing involved).

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've been patrolling all the news articles relating to the HD formats and I'm absolutely fuckin stupefied at these guys. What in the hell is so important about a dumbass format that makes it worth continually posting the same worn out crap in an attempt to sway the opinion of other folks that plainly have their minds already made up about which format they prefer? Can anyone explain? I've seen plenty of stupid arguments in these forums over the years but these guys take the cake. Day after day posting pie charts, numbers, predictions, calling names, starting fights blah blah blah. At least argue over something of relative importance and market share. Consoles are huge. Processors are huge. Video cards are huge. HD formats are niche for crissakes.

Oh well. I just had to vent and I'll probably feel better till the next 'tard fest :)

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Well, I would bet that Walmart, crawling into bed with Sony, won't excite you either. lol

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

LMAO Neph - my sentiments exactly. They act like their life depends on it - I'm like WTF???

Txs for venting :)

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I agree, I have bluray only because I have a PS3, I could care less what format my neighbor uses. Hell my neighbor could be using Beta-Max for all I care!

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL! I have two Beta-Max VCR's, and they were/are far superior to the VHS machines that I have.

The wrong format won the VCR wars back then. Will be interesting to see who wins the current war, if either of them.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It is sorta funny that I know that because the Beta-Mac VHS war out dates me! LOL! We have 2 Beta Max players as well and 3 Laser Disk players...

7. varnull

varnull Guest

Nice one Neph.. I'm sick to death of it as well..

Ihope those sony fanboys are happy with their ""you will never back me up"" format, and will just love paying $100 per disk, and a new player every 12 months long after we are all enjoying our £45 HD tivo boxes, and streaming HD from sopcasts and p2p free broadcasts.. LMFAO!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I have one a yes Beta was the far superior format

yeah the wrong format going to win this time again (blu-ray) its all about the money and fusking Sony has it HD-DVD doesn't have as much to back there format and i see Best Buy/Netflix has dis HD-DVD so there jumping on the blu-ray bandwagon so screw them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The problem is the 2-3 new news items posted per day that keeps the fire burning...take away the fuel and the fire will die out. The same people everyday spewing the same shit does get tiresome, but then we (AD) are giving them an outlet. Poor Hughjars woe is me.

10. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Neph, i could not agree more. I've finally found the only answer that works for me. I quit reading the dang things all together. I couldn't take anymore of the stupidity and pointless bantering. So, i don't read them anymore.

11. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  12. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, I was waiten for you to drop the hammer Neph on those two goof balls in the "Best Buy publicly snuffs HD-DVD" thread. LMAO

[​IMG]

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

EDIT!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  14. varnull

varnull Guest

they should find something really important to fight over.. like coke or pepsi ;)

/sarcasm

15. Nephilim

I did a bit of editing - I'm more of a "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" kinda guy :)

Yup, those threads are quite a spectacle! To help it make sense I keep envisioning these gallant lads fighting tooth and nail defending their mother's honor, not formats :p

16. varnull

varnull Guest

I remember in one of these threads a threat to start a petition to have an end to these continual "news" stories about every breath that comes from one side or another..

I think that time has arrived. If you have had enough (and patience of a saint isn't in it) then it must be full moon (oh not till 21st)

/me shuffles off to find the guy who suggested it and get him all worked up enough to post it ;)

Instead of doing that really I should find a guaranteed flamewar starter for both sides and about 20 snappy comebacks so I could make addict in 2 weeks off the back of it.. :lol:

17. forkman

forkman Member

i'll worry about it when i can pick up a blu ray or hd player for about £30, until then i could'nt give a toss :)

18. varnull

varnull Guest

My friend, you will never have to.. The world is changing and moving away from spinning disks. These 2 formats are the last gasp from a business model that is obsolete and out of ideas.

19. Nephilim

Forkman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time no see. How you been?

[​IMG]

20. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

lmao @ that Neph, I dunno if that's an inside joke with you and forkman but, that's some funny shiza! Are those real? That aint a PS hack?