1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE trouble

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Jason654, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Jason654

Jason654 Guest

I was just about to join Netflex from their website, on my home computer, but when I clicked on the continue butten on this page: http://www.netflix.com/Register all I get is "This page can not be displayed". I tried it over my sisters house on her computer, and the page does work. Just not on my computer.

Maybe my IE settings are wrong, I don't know. If anyone has any ideas that'd be great.

2. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

...the page just might be down. Give it an hour an try again.....

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Try again and let us know. Sounds like either they were down at the time or your ISP was.

4. satishcse

satishcse Guest

There are some steps you need to follow.

Reply back with this information are you using dial-up or a DSL service and which windows are u using on the computer.

Let me know the following information and i'll help you out with it.

I've tried the site and it does work perfectly.

5. Jason654

Jason654 Guest

Thank you. I am using a cable service, and I use Windows 98.

And I just tried the site, and still can't get on.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if able to get on the net but not to site but sister can than not site or isp problem. check your security settings in internet options in control panel

7. Jason654

Jason654 Guest

I set my security setting to low, and tryed it. Same thing. "This page can not be displayed"

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

http://www.netflix.com/Register

Jason654

Click the above link from here and detail exactly what happens. Do you have a popup blocker? Do you have AdAware or Ad-Watch in the background?

9. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

one word:mozilla.

10. satishcse

satishcse Guest

good to find dofferent views...........

you could try this out.......

From tools go to internet options and from there to security,under that highlight trusted sites and click on sites below.another page will open and in that page add the site hppts://netflix.com click ok to come out of this new page and restore defaults under advanced tab.after this apply then ok on internet options page and restart the computer.it should work this time but if it dosent.....then try this

from run go to command prompt and type ping www.netflix.com,check whether the sent and the recieved bytes are the same and do the same by typing ping 216.35.131.200 and see what response you are getting if you are getting the sent and recieved same for pings then please do contact your ISP for some firewall changes on the server end.do let me know what happened.